Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Don't get the vvankfest over Carrick. He looked absolutely hapless as Solskjaer:s assistant. And has had one single half decent season as manager. I want a better CV than that. In fact, I'd tho k I'd even take Solskjaer over Carrick. 

Half decent? They were 21st when he took over and finished 4th. What would have constituted decent or even good?

• Like 1

Names I'd be interested in pursuing:
Pearson
Hassenhutl

Viera
Knutsen 
Jon Dahl Tomasson
Carrick
Carlos Corberan
Raúl González (THE Raul, currently managing Madrid Castilla)
Diego Martínez
Van Bommel
Marcelo Gallardo

Please don't hurt me, Claude Puel. 

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox

Big Nige.  They would be fitter, work harder, yes the tactics have moved on but mostly in the premier league.  I know it's probably 50/50 to most at best, but imagine winning the first 3 games, the place would be rocking and momentum is a fantastic thing....not saying it will happen but could do a lot worse.  We need a rebuild, a spine, work rate and passion.....= nigel

14 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I keep reading this purely because he used to play for us (wasn't even any good), he's a bottom half championship manager at best, used to working in L1/L2 type players and is clearly not the answer at all.

Except of course Coventry finished 5th?

• Like 1

Posted this the other week in the last thread, more for discussion than as an ideal target as it's no doubt too far out-of-left-field for our board 

Wilfried Nancy who manages Columbus Crew in MLS, was at Montreal Impact until last season and did a great job with them.

His man management is reportedly excellent. I wonder if his system will take a long time to bed in though, only mid table with Columbus right now

Guest Mee-9

Club needs a lift. 

Got to be someone with a set of bollocks the size of wrecking balls to get rid of so many players, that could attract criticism. 

Just a repeat of a post in another topic…

Time for Pearson’s…3rd tenure, more unfinished Business , and get the

Backroom staff,medical support,phsycological team,scouting group  system going again, using Seagrave how it should be used..

Then go out look for players, ask Walsh  to come back into the fold…Plus Cambiaso just to make sure his ideas don’t slip.

.Get rid of the two imposters, then keep one Amigo…Shakespeare

AND start all over again…

LCFC..Groundhog day….:cool: or :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I'd like the fella at Barnsley; personally. 

I think its going to be the fella at Swansea though.

My Swansea-supporting friend is desperate for us to take him off their hands. He can’t wait for them to get rid of him. Apparently this is a fairly common view, too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, promised land said:

Yes it’s getting tiring like the newts and dinosaur comments that always crop up.

For the record besides us Pearsons win percentage at Hull,Derby,OHL, Watford and Bristol City isn’t fantastic.

He had 2 brilliant spells here but that doesn’t mean a third go would net the same results, leave history where it belongs, in the past.

I'm with you, get Martin O'Neill in 🤣

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Hasn't Walsh retired up north now though? Don't know how old he is. 

....he is happily at Charlotte FC in the USA (special advisor to the Sporting Director)!!!

Fuchs probably had a lot to do with this I would imagine. Comparing building a team and a brand in the USA, to coming back here to be an administrator in our club, might appear to be an unequal choice. But Fuchs seems very much a business-led career man, and with Schmeichel saying that he would love to come back to the club, it could be that our alumni could provide the foundation that we can look to build on.

This is all speculation, but stranger things have happened.

• Like 2