Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

If Mowbray genuinely is leaving Sunderland he'd be exactly who i'd go for.

Loves playing young players, connected in the loans market, lovely football, worked wonders with a tiny squad and no striker for half a season. Brought an entire club together from more uncertainty after Neil's departure.

Also seems to take his jobs solely based on whether they are in the midlands or the north lol 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Rodger’s ball failed when the intensity went out of our play. We needed to refresh it to keep the squad hungry on the pitch. We didn’t and the hunger went, and so did Rodger’s job (Deservedly he handled it with no class). Possession and/ or control in Modern football is rewarded with results. Look at all the consistent top sides.There’s different ways to achieve that, be it a Liverpool aggressive press that we saw on Monday. Or a Pep controlled low risk buildup working 3/4 high quality chances per game. Anyone wishing for long ball football is living in the past. I don’t know if Russel Martin would be a good manager, but at least he has a style of play similar to what we’re used to and that which our youth sides have been taught to play also (Rob Tanner has mentioned this). I would say though, our fan base naturally buys into high energy aggressive play much more than a laboured style like Russel Martin. So I would go for a manager more aggressive than him out of possession. 

I was looking into challenge intensity statistics yesterday, it’s astonishing how true that first sentence is.

In the 2019/2020 season we led the league in challenge intensity per minute.

This season we rank joint 4th from bottom. 

And I thoroughly agree that a high energy aggressive style is what we need to move towards, possession based football has run it’s course at Leicester City, it finished on a stale note and I’d rather not go through it again under someone like Russell Martin. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kettering Fox said:

Would get the pick of Chelsea’s youngsters on loan though 

What joy it will be to see ‘Frank Lampard’s Leicester City™️’ scrap around the middle/bottom of The Championship will half a squad of Chelsea players who’ll care as much for the club as Youri Tielemans has since 2022.

53 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Kjetil Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt

would be my choice, bit left field and i highly doubt we'd go for him

Been touted with top flight clubs though, would he really want to leave European competition with B/G to drop down to the Championship?

Same with Matthias Jaissle imo. Either of the two could have their pick of PL clubs looking for managers

You can rule Mark Robins out too

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/news-mark-robins-agrees-new-contract/

Coventry City Football Club are delighted to confirm that they have agreed terms on a new four-year contract with manager Mark Robins!

The agreement, which will be signed this week, will keep Robins at the Club until 2027 and what will be a landmark decade at the helm of the Sky Blues.

Edited by lfu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lfu said:

Coventry City Football Club are delighted to confirm that they have agreed terms on a new four-year contract with manager Mark Robins!

The agreement, which will be signed this week, will keep Robins at the Club until 2027 and what will be a landmark decade at the helm of the Sky Blues.

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

We can forget Mark Robins it’s been announced he has agreed a new 4 year contract at Cov 

Doesn't rule him out! Just means he's going to cost more lol 

35 minutes ago, lfu said:

Good news. Cov will turn to shite now. 

Please not Lampard. He's not a manager he's just a cheerleader and not a good one at that. He has an enthusiasm that suggests motivation but tactically I've never seen him do anything that's impressed me, formations, styles, substitutions, naïve to the point of being amateur, all talk and no action.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

Please not Lampard. He's not a manager he's just a cheerleader and not a good one at that. He has an enthusiasm that suggests motivation but tactically I've never seen him do anything that's impressed me, formations, styles, substitutions, naïve to the point of being amateur, all talk and no action.

Surely nobody is seriously suggesting this as a possibility? 

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

not really interested in a debate but "it's a philosophy and way of life" is pretty much a description of a religious creed, you're making a distinction with no meaningful difference

Contradicting yourself, bud! I suspect you like being right, but haven't got the energy, inclination or intellect to enter into a nuanced debate about what, to the perceptive eye, are clearly definable ideas. I'm agnostic, going on atheist, with Buddhist leanings.

I admire true Christians, but abhor the cross and sword and evangelism and proselytising that's corrupted Christianity from the Middle Ages.

So, I don't accept any verity in what you state, but you can have the last word.

17 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

image.thumb.png.f49dc174b5bec59b38dee9fed9cc554e.png

Paolo Sousa Piri Pies are good, Pies are good, pies are good. 

..an incredibly dapper character!!!

Pearson was not too happy,  as Sousa had a big influence with the owners, and eventually took over when Pearson chose to walk away from the club. The person who gained the most from his (Sousa) tenure was Andy King, if only we could have built on Kingy's exploits, and continued to improve his game.

2 hours ago, lfu said:

Been touted with top flight clubs though, would he really want to leave European competition with B/G to drop down to the Championship?

Same with Matthias Jaissle imo. Either of the two could have their pick of PL clubs looking for managers

The Championship is still probably more attractive with a club like ourselves (we have a lovely training ground you know?) than pissing the Norwegian league and having no hope in Europe. (granted they did very well in the ELC a couple years ago) We could easily be a springboard for him if he really has aspirations of managing an elite club. If Burnley can nab Kompany from Anderlecht then we can take the kettle from bodo bloody glimt. 

2 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Carlos Corberan is probably the best realistic option we could get.

Disagree with that - I think Jon Dahl Tomasson is just as realistic and a better option. And he has been linked with us (in the Mail yesterday) unlike Corberan.

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Disagree with that - I think Jon Dahl Tomasson is just as realistic and a better option. And he has been linked with us (in the Mail yesterday) unlike Corberan.

Tomasson would bring similar to Rodgers.

Playing out from the back, lots of defeats and goals conceded. 

Would rather we stay clear. Not saying he’s a bad manager but just not sure he’d be a good fit for us in our current state!

• Like 1

can't see why there is so much clamour for Tomasson. Decent job with Malmo admittedly but I'm not sure anyone would be interested if Blackburn hadn't beat us. Managed to finish 3 points more than Martin who is being laughed off.