Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

A manager using good players to elevate the clubs position? I can’t see that catching on, what a fraud.

Was thinking the same to that post!

If we got Robins and he brought players in to propel us up the league to promotion I’d be alright with that lol

He does tick a number of boxes for me;

1 - Longevity at Cov. Wouldn’t be using us as a stepping stone like Rodgers was from the start.

2 - year on year improvement with Cov.

3 - used to building a squad on a budget with a club in a mess. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

A manager using good players to elevate the clubs position? I can’t see that catching on, what a fraud.

such dinosaur like thinking, we need to keep on the cutting edge, redeveloping what a manager should be: an excuse merchant who blames defeats on Doris for not polishing his shoes properly that morning 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

If we got Robins and he brought players in to propel us up the league to promotion I’d be alright with that lol

1 - Longevity at Cov. Wouldn’t be using us as a stepping stone like Rodgers was from the start.

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

such dinosaur like thinking, we need to keep on the cutting edge, redeveloping what a manager should be: an excuse merchant who blames defeats on Doris for not polishing his shoes properly that morning 

I mean to be fair he does have a point, if we had a magical manager who could get a bunch of shit players promoted we would be quids in. I’m just not sure they exist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12086945/THE-NOTEBOOK-Relegation-threatened-Leicester-eye-two-Championship-managers-down.html

I'd take Tomasson. He's done a great job at Blackburn (including beating us, with a thorough technical analysis of how to exploit our weaknesses) and Malmo before that.

Edited by bald reynard
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12086945/THE-NOTEBOOK-Relegation-threatened-Leicester-eye-two-Championship-managers-down.html

I'd take Tomasson. He's done a great job at Blackburn (including beating us, with a thorough technical analysis of how to exploit our weaknesses) and Malmo before that.

Perhaps a Danish coaching team, with Kasp on board?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ex player too

29 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Has he actually done a great job there? Pretty much the same as the previous season and arguably bottled a play off spot