Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

have you watched how his tactical genius (mr shakespeare) has coped thus far ????

nigel was never a tactics man - the game has moved on im afraid. 

Really? The top managers play the same way every week.

Fergie always went 442, Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc....

Klopp always goes 433 with 3 workers in midfield....

Guardiola always buys the best talent out there....

The idea that successful sides are so because they have tactical geniuses that make a significant alteration every game is just wrong.

The reason all the above 3 were/are so succesful, as with Pearson here, was because they understood the importance of continuity, delegation and leadership.

The only real 'Tactical master' who won tournaments based on making big tactical decisions game after game was Mourinho, with his European successes at Porto, Inter and Roma. Yet he's somehow labelled as a 'dinosaur'.

Our turnaround doesn't require a tactician. It requires a leader. 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-olympiacos-esteban-cambiasso-7604290

Genuinely think it would be worth a punt on someone like him. He clearly has one hell of a tactical brain and already has the love of the fans. 

Just as qualified as carrick, viera ,gerrard or any of those guys that walked into big roles and seemingly has a bit more about him.  

It could all go up shits creek but id rather the gamble than a boring appointment like russell martin 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-olympiacos-esteban-cambiasso-7604290

Genuinely think it would be worth a punt on someone like him. He clearly has one hell of a tactical brain and already has the love of the fans. 

Just as qualified as carrick, viera ,gerrard or any of those guys that walked into big roles and seemingly has a bit more about him.  

It could all go up shits creek but id rather the gamble than a boring appointment like russell martin 

Would love him here, born leader and knows the club.

But Top doesn't have the balls to appoint someone like him.

Scott Parker or Ole more likely incoming I feel.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’d like him, he won’t take no shit and has probably forgotten more about football than what dodgers known. Ooozed class on the pitch and would carry that onto the touch line 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Guest said:

The Cambiasso shouts are - and I'm being diplomatic here because I liked him as a player and I've no wish to disrespect him, nor the posters who I'm sure mean well when they suggest we appoint him - silly.

Maybe I'm a starry-eyed dreamer and my expectations need lowering but one of my number one requirements for our new manager is that they actually are a manager or at the very least have a reasonable amount of coaching experience. Cambiasso as far as I can tell spent five games as an assistant at a world cup five years ago and has done nothing of note before or since, which also doesn't suggest to me he's got any great desire to be a manager. To pre-empt the two most common counter arguments I've seen, no it's not like when Burnley appointed Kompany (prior managerial experience at Anderlecht) and no it's not like when Boro appointed Carrick (years of coaching experience at Man Utd).

It would be an outside the box appointment and yes that's very exciting but it would also be pretty outside the box if they gave it to the Birch or a dead badger Rudkin found by the side of the road on his drive to Seagrave. Outside the box thinking is not necessarily a good thing in and of itself, it's still meant to lead you to ideas and conclusions that actually make sense. The rationale (and I use the word loosely) behind suggesting him is that he's bald like Pep and Argentinian like Poch/Bielsa/Simeone/take your pick and that's literally it, because if it was about him Knowing The Club and having lots of experience as a player then we'd also presumably be seeing shouts for Dean Hammond and Matt Upson.

If he fancies a crack at coaching in England and we think he's got something to offer then yeah why not offer him a job, but not THE job. Come on lads, have a think.

:appl:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Absolutely. Would demand professionalism and command respect. A brilliant choice compared with some of the also rans.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Rob Edwards hasn’t done himself any harm. 

I’d happily go down the road of a young manager who plays a decent style of football. 

Feels like all of his success has come when he’s inherited clubs that are already on the up. It’s easy enough to get that wrong and he’s clearly very good at it but it’s not the situation we’re in. Never stayed anywhere for more than a season yet either. Not the risk I’d be taking in our situation, and if he wins his next game then there’s no way he’d come anyway.

I’d really like to take a punt on that Will Still, but imagine he’d only be interested if we stayed up. I’m also not sure what implications we’d have with him not having badges. Are the rules the same in England? I.E would we have to pay a fine? 

Even if you do you could quite easily build that into his contract that it’s in essence paid from his wages and we pay for his badges and as soon as he’s qualified he in essence gets a 22k pay rise. So from a financial perspective he doesn’t get a pay rise as we’ve paid it the whole time but from a personal level he does. 

I’d still make an audacious attempt to get him if/when we go down but as said, imagine he’d say no. 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

The Cambiasso shouts are - and I'm being diplomatic here because I liked him as a player and I've no wish to disrespect him, nor the posters who I'm sure mean well when they suggest we appoint him - silly.

Maybe I'm a starry-eyed dreamer and my expectations need lowering but one of my number one requirements for our new manager is that they actually are a manager or at the very least have a reasonable amount of coaching experience. Cambiasso as far as I can tell spent five games as an assistant at a world cup five years ago and has done nothing of note before or since, which also doesn't suggest to me he's got any great desire to be a manager. To pre-empt the two most common counter arguments I've seen, no it's not like when Burnley appointed Kompany (prior managerial experience at Anderlecht) and no it's not like when Boro appointed Carrick (years of coaching experience at Man Utd).

It would be an outside the box appointment and yes that's very exciting but it would also be pretty outside the box if they gave it to the Birch or a dead badger Rudkin found by the side of the road on his drive to Seagrave. Outside the box thinking is not necessarily a good thing in and of itself, it's still meant to lead you to ideas and conclusions that actually make sense. The rationale (and I use the word loosely) behind suggesting him is that he's bald like Pep and Argentinian like Poch/Bielsa/Simeone/take your pick and that's literally it, because if it was about him Knowing The Club and having lots of experience as a player then we'd also presumably be seeing shouts for Dean Hammond and Matt Upson.

If he fancies a crack at coaching in England and we think he's got something to offer then yeah why not offer him a job, but not THE job. Come on lads, have a think.

Come on mate - im told that away from the man management,  you just pick some players and a formation …. That’s all there is to it - it’s been like that for thirty years and more ….. 

I reckon everyone on here could do it 

(this is sarcasm btw) 

9 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

My Swansea-supporting friend is desperate for us to take him off their hands. He can’t wait for them to get rid of him. Apparently this is a fairly common view, too. 

Sounds very familiar….

• Leicester have two Championship managers – Swansea’s Russell Martin and Jon Dahl Tomasson from Blackburn – on their radar if they move on from interim boss Dean Smith at the end of the season (Daily Mail).

🤮🤮🤮🤮

2 hours ago, Guest said:

worth noting he's only got his A License, so couldn't take up a managerial role, only a coaching role to boot

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:
  • Leicester have two Championship managers – Swansea’s Russell Martin and Jon Dahl Tomasson from Blackburn – on their radar if they move on from interim boss Dean Smith at the end of the season (Daily Mail).

🤮🤮🤮🤮

Tomasson plesse was so impressed with rovers

1 minute ago, K789 said:

Tomasson plesse was so impressed with rovers

To be fair I wouldn't be particularly on board with this either, we need to learn how to 'not lose' games. His sides are either win or lose, at one point this season it was something like 16 wins 16 losses no draws! 

• Like 1