Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Luton deserve to survive. They've kept most of the team that got promoted, haven't spent heavily and look like a team who'll run through walls for each other. Obviously it'll be hilarious if they survive at Forest's expense as it's high time the Archaeologists' blind luck ran out, but I genuinely want Luton to survive to show you don't need to spend a fortune to get promoted and survive.

• Like 4

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Marco Silva is so underrated....I remember when @Ric Flair was upping him when he was doing wonders at Hull or Watford 

It's annoying when he does a Klopp and shouts at the fourth official every time a decision goes against his team.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I wonder how much longer Frank has got left at Brentford, they are definitely in this relegation battle

Just 3 league wins and 1 draw since the start of December!

Man U, Brighton and Villa next. PL can be a horrible place when you are out of form. If some of those below them could start winning they would be in a real mess, but Everton and Forest are just as hopeless and Luton have forgotten how to win.

Didn't realise how bad things had gotten with Everton. Last win was 16th December (Burnley). Had a shocker since then.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Man U, Brighton and Villa next. PL can be a horrible place when you are out of form. If some of those below them could start winning they would be in a real mess, but Everton and Forest are just as hopeless and Luton have forgotten how to win.

Didn't realise how bad things had gotten with Everton. Last win was 16th December (Burnley). Had a shocker since then.

Championship can also be a horrible place when you're out of form!..

.. just saying.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

Match of the Day tonight is awful.

Definitely had the … Z list out ?

The lady presenting usually does Scottish football on Sky and snooker on the Beeb I think.

Glenn Murray is a bit dull and Fara Williams speaks quite quickly .

I didn't watch MOTD (working) but Eilidh Barbour is great if that's who was fronting it tonight, assume it was going from above. Really is going to be a crime against broadcasting when Jenas gets the big job ahead of Mark Chapman though.

12 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Moznday isn't it? 

God I hope so. Most of their fans think they will get away with. But then if u read their foum most of their fans think they will win every game just cos they won't the European Cup like 43 years ago and they are a HUGE Premier league team and don't deserve to be in any lower league Cup

Sorry for hating florist so much but moved to Nottingham in 1996 and I got riled when we went down last season from about 100 florist fans so I am hoping for some comeback this season...  every time I see someone I know wearing a Florist shirt they just keep tapping the PL badge saying now that's a proper league matey...

Edited by Trent Steel

It might sound random, but it still amazes me that a club like Bournemouth (looking at their stadium/general size) has successfully managed to be seen as a regular PL club now.

Look at the likes of Bradford, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Birmingham, Blackburn etc - bigger sized clubs, but haven't managed to consistently stay in the PL like Bournemouth have.

Yes, Howe am sure had probably received a decent transfer budget to propel them up the top-flight, but there are instances like Stoke now where managers have used plenty of transfer window money but failed to lift their club onwards and upwards with it.

Edited by Wymsey