Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just over a week prior and they've changed the date of the game

Laughable

If it means fans have better access and opportunities to get to and from the match, it actually makes sense. Think the strikes were only announced earlier this week, so I'm guessing they've had to arrange policing and the necessary safety and security for the Sunday evening. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If it means fans have better access and opportunities to get to and from the match, it actually makes sense. Think the strikes were only announced earlier this week, so I'm guessing they've had to arrange policing and the necessary safety and security for the Sunday evening. 

I understand the point about striking making it difficult to get to/from the game. It makes sense from that point of view.

It's more that anyone who had brought travel tickets, hotels etc for this are now hugely out of pocket. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I understand the point about striking making it difficult to get to/from the game. It makes sense from that point of view.

It's more that anyone who had brought travel tickets, hotels etc for this are now hugely out of pocket. 

Depends in what pattern it’s been announced. Train companies do refund strike days, so you can use your money on the replacement. It’s probably better for Spurs because Forest fans wouldn’t have used the trains on a Monday anyway without an overnight stay 

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

But those people were potentially not getting to the game anyway because of rail changes? 

It's not like they've moved it last minute purely for greed, money, TV, international fans or whatever. 

They've moved it to help people get to the game. 

There's no perfect decision in this situation but frankly this looks like the best one? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Tonali was betting on his Newcastle games first couple months of the season !

He should have fessed up back then  

Ivan 'Tonali'. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Xabi Alonso is making a mistake not going to Liverpool imo, while they have the squad they do. In 2-3 years it might not be the same.

I still think Klopp does a u turn. 

He remembered what the weather was like.

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

Xabi Alonso is making a mistake not going to Liverpool imo, while they have the squad they do. In 2-3 years it might not be the same.

I still think Klopp does a u turn. 

Especially as they've got Edwards back at the club. The perfect man behind the scenes for their rebuild.

Sick of players going down holding their face knowing that it'll get play stopped immediately, glad it came back to bite Schar in this instance. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 2