Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It might sound random, but it still amazes me that a club like Bournemouth (looking at their stadium/general size) has successfully managed to be seen as a regular PL club now.

Look at the likes of Bradford, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Birmingham, Blackburn etc - bigger sized clubs, but haven't managed to consistently stay in the PL like Bournemouth have.

Yes, Howe am sure had probably received a decent transfer budget to propel them up the top-flight, but there are instances like Stoke now where managers have used plenty of transfer window money but failed to lift their club onwards and upwards with it.

Charlton managed 7 consecutive seasons. Wednesday were there for around a decade. Blackburn spent 18 of the first 20 years of the Premier League in it.

Bournemouth are having a good time but have done nothing the likes of Wimbledon, Coventry, Wigan haven't done in the past 30 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Definitely had the … Z list out ?

The lady presenting usually does Scottish football on Sky and snooker on the Beeb I think.

Glenn Murray is a bit dull and Fara Williams speaks quite quickly .

Fara Williams on, you have to watch it slow motion in order to be able to understand her. I think heard many people make the same comment about her. Not so keen on her i remember her once doing punditry before I think was match between Man City v Man U in WSL. Some how despite the game featuring to the two manchester club's, she somehow mentioned Arsenal 30 times! within a space of 10 minutes coverage. She had to be reminded that it was game about the Manchester clubs... laughed... 30 seconds later Arsenal were mentioned again.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Forest lose 4 points .

They’d probably take that .

I don't get it. All this over them breaking rules and in the end only get a 4 points deduction, even then they will appeal it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Thought they admitted their guilt ?

I think so, just don't get 4 points when Everton got 10 (reduced to 6). Obviously all cases are different but I was under the impression Everton was going to be the benchmark.

• Like 3

The end of this Premier League season will be a s**tshow with all these appeals and possible litigations against each other. 

Whenever Man City's multiple breaches and alike are addressed, that will make for very interesting for sure. 

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think so, just don't get 4 points when Everton got 10 (reduced to 6). Obviously all cases are different but I was under the impression Everton was going to be the benchmark.

Wouldn't it be because Everton were playing to the ability to lose £105m over 3 years but lost £120m whereas Forest, who have to stay below £61m loss due to being a Championship club the season before? 

Forest’s losses would be capped at £61million, which breaks down as £13m for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons when they were in the Championship, plus £35m for last season, their first back in the top-flight.

https://theathletic.com/5176475/2024/01/03/nottingham-forest-profit-sustainability-points-deduction/ 

Either way, buying 42 bloody players at a quarter of a billion pounds is never going to end well. They went as mad as me when I get a good transfer budget on Football Manager. I always end up with 4 great goalkeepers and then stringing together a midfield as I just go crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Any appeal would be heard after the season has finished apparently.

The Athletic I believe are saying it would be May 24th, so a few days after the end of the season.  What a joke all this is. Luton could stay up because they have good accountants at this rate....

So basically they get away with it for good behaviour? 

It should of been 6 but good behaviour now its just 4 points 

Everton got 6. Should be the same for everyone. Their owner probably gave them 100k each. Wouldn't put it past them

W@nkers

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trent Steel said:

So basically they get away with it for good behaviour? 

It should of been 6 but good behaviour now its just 4 points 

Everton got 6. Should be the same for everyone. Their owner probably gave them 100k each. Wouldn't put it past them

W@nkers

I believe because Everton 'supposedly lied' during the process is the reason they had 6.  It does seem ridiculous that simply co-operating means you get less points taken off.  They should not take any off and simply add more if the club doesnt co-operate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I believe because Everton 'supposedly lied' during the process is the reason they had 6.  It does seem ridiculous that simply co-operating means you get less points taken off.  They should not take any off and simply add more if the club doesnt co-operate.

I agree it should 6 that's it. If you moan then it's 9. Apparently the forest and itsunfair owners/fans are fuming about 4 saying 'it's not fair'

If anything they have been lucky it's just. 4. Probably so they only have to Dock man city 4 next season for thir 112 breaches.  Planning ahead they are