Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Given they picked up a vital win and are now only 4 behind, worth noting that Burnley play F*rest on the final day. Factor in Everton's potential further deduction and I'm not sure it's just Luton those two should be keeping their eyes on.

It only takes them stringing two results together between now and then for us to face a final day scenario where the perfect result of both of the whingebags going down could become reality. :fc:lol

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And the 3 who go up will be able to spend next to nothing 

I quite liked this response. 

If a couple of teams even dared to do this though, the 'loophole' would be closed fairly quickly.

• Haha 2

Of all the people to pipe up, he shouldn't be one of them.

I don't care if it's the "best league in the world". It's fans that make it and that's what attracted the money. I'd support Leicester whether it had Messi or Mick the part time plumber up front.

Anyone else think Gareth Southgate going to Man United is a accident waiting to happen 😆

Club like Man United should be challenging for titles what does going for Southgate sound a message of. 

Man City have Pep, while red side of Manchester have gareth 🤭 how the mighty have fallen.

PL have announced their latest fixtures for TV next month. So much uncertainty still based on CL that it's just going to stitch up fans even more... 

Wednesday 24 April 2024
19:45 Wolves v AFC Bournemouth
20:00 Crystal Palace v Newcastle
20:00 Everton v Liverpool (Sky Sports)*
20:00 Man Utd v Sheff Utd
(All previously postponed due to participation in FA Cup sixth round)
*Kick-off time subject to change if Brighton v Man City moves to this day

Thursday 25 April 2024
20:00 Brighton v Man City (Sky Sports)*
(Previously postponed due to participation in FA Cup sixth round)
*This will move to 20:00 Wed 24 April should Man City be scheduled to play in the Champions League on Tue 30 April

Saturday 27 April 2024

12:30 West Ham v Liverpool (TNT Sports)
(This will move to 14:00 Sun 28 April should Arsenal be scheduled to play in the Champions League on Tue 30 April)
Fulham v Crystal Palace
Man Utd v Burnley
Newcastle v Sheff Utd
Wolves v Luton Town
17:30 Everton v Brentford (Sky Sports)
(This will move to 16:30 Sun 28 April should Man City be scheduled to play in the Champions League on Tue 30 April)
20:00 Aston Villa v Chelsea (TNT Sports)

Sunday 28 April 2024
14:00 AFC Bournemouth v Brighton
(Moved due to Brighton v Man City on Thu 25 April)
14:00 Spurs v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
(This will move to 12:30 Sat 27 April should Arsenal be scheduled to play in the Champions League on Tue 30 April)
16:30 Nott'm Forest v Man City (Sky Sports)
(This will move to 17:30 Sat 27 April should Man City be scheduled to play in the Champions League on Tue 30 April)

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Fans won’t be able to book travel etc .

Fans? Travel?

Football's a TV drama isn't it?

They're doing everyone a favour bringing it to your living room. "And it's live!"

• Like 1

we’ve really messed up football for me now. All season i’ve enjoyed routing for the newly promoted teams to win because It seemed inevitable that we’d join them.

Now there’s the terrifying prospect that somehow you end up with bigger clubs like everton and forest joining us down in the EFL. 

Which would absolutely make the task of promotion a much harder task. 

A scenario of us starting in a points deficit and having Everton, southampton and forest to compete with is not an enticing one. 

41 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we’ve really messed up football for me now. All season i’ve enjoyed routing for the newly promoted teams to win because It seemed inevitable that we’d join them.

Now there’s the terrifying prospect that somehow you end up with bigger clubs like everton and forest joining us down in the EFL. 

A scenario of us starting in a points deficit and having Everton, southampton and forest to compete with is not an enticing one. 

If we don’t go up this season, the squad and club will be starting from scratch. We won’t be able to compete financially with those teams, we’d be aiming to push for the plays off and probably have a very (ideally) pragmatic manager. We should IMO get Nigel back so he can heal the club, play down expectations and manage upwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

..... especially with Ward in goal 😂

28 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Forest appealing against their punishment.

Will they get points given back?

Unlikely. Their defence is basically "Waaaaahh. Yes we broke the rules, but they aren't fair*" 

*Even though we agreed to them. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Corky said:

This Gary O'Neil story is rather odd. Why would he give up a managerial role for a coaching one?

Lots and lots of money probably

45 minutes ago, Corky said:

This Gary O'Neil story is rather odd. Why would he give up a managerial role for a coaching one?

Because it's Man Utd, the biggest club in the world. Who in their right mind would not join, even in a lesser capacity to where you are right now? At least that's how Man Utd think

9 hours ago, Corky said:

He turned them down weeks ago. He alluded to it in one of his pressers I think, about other offers. 

14 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Because it's Man Utd, the biggest club in the world. Who in their right mind would not join, even in a lesser capacity to where you are right now? At least that's how Man Utd think

Man Utd or not you would want resign as club manager of a premier league side to become a coach.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tonali was betting on his Newcastle games first couple months of the season !

He should have fessed up back then  

Another ban looming ?

Probably goes deeper than that.

Needs some addiction help.

• Like 2