Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Hate seeing those given. The attacker throwing themselves in front of the defender with no intention of playing the ball.

Philips really isn’t having a great time is he !

Looked like his foot planted at the wrong time there .

Unfortunate.

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

what the hell is this

Referencing the deaths of Larry Lloyd and Trevor Francis to stir the emotions and try to galvanise the club for a final push out of trouble, “We’re all in it together, all part of the same thing” kind of message. 
Funny thing though, I was there in Nottingham the day after their play off win and they had a big shindig in the town hall square. I nearly let my mask slip when they announced Jack Colback as “The Ginger Pirlo” and I laughed like a Hyena! The owner gave a speech basically saying what happened in the past in the Clough era was very special, a fairy tale, but fans need to forget all that and focus on the present day and future. Debatably reasonable attitude but come the first need for a rallying cry and his club put it back out there. It’s completely natural to reflect on Lloyd this week however it’s framed and whatever the owners philosophy is, quite why they turned it into a “Where’s Wally” Collage (centre, in suit blazer and T-Shirt) I’m not so sure.

Before someone says yes I know I need to move on but still makes me sick we had to sell Barnes as a result of last season’s catastrophic failure. 

Academy produced player who scores goals. He should still be here. Ah well. 

• Like 4

West Ham must be just as frustrating to be a fan of as us.

Slightly more exciting to watch, I can't claim to say I watch them alot but I seem to always think they good decent when I do see them, but i'd be equally frustrated as I am supporting us.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Only player I was sad to see go this season

I take a fonder view. There were moments provided by Madders and Youri that were magical. 

I can't stand Evans now, but he too had moments with us that were fun (him telling players in 88 mins at Southampton to get on with it and get the record, putting Kane into Row Z with a fair tackle) 

It's all fun in the end