Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Just seen the highlights from the Newcastle-West Ham game and realized, that I really do not understand the football laws anymore. How are both Newcastle pens a pen? Gordon blocks the defender from clearing the ball without touching the ball at all in both cases; I am really confused by it.

40 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Just seen the highlights from the Newcastle-West Ham game and realized, that I really do not understand the football laws anymore. How are both Newcastle pens a pen? Gordon blocks the defender from clearing the ball without touching the ball at all in both cases; I am really confused by it.

I agree with you 

If you get in front of the clearance playing the ball then that’s fine but he didn’t - his foot is not in a position to play the ball 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

They’ve been trying to fix this when it happens elsewhere on the pitch. Problem is if it’s in the box they have to come up with a completely different rule or it comes down to refs discretion. VAR should overrule imo

Forest 4 points off safety as it stands.

I did say that if they didn't get at least four points from Palace and Fulham at home, it would be difficult to see where they get the other points to survive. 

Haven’t seen the Chelsea controversy but where was VAR. That’s a massive travesty of a decision. No apology is gonna help Burnley. Kompany has every right to go full arteta on the refs

26 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Haven’t seen the Chelsea controversy but where was VAR. That’s a massive travesty of a decision. No apology is gonna help Burnley. Kompany has every right to go full arteta on the refs

VAR was involved it seems and agreed with the decision made .

Edited by Super_horns

30 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I did say that if they didn't get at least four points from Palace and Fulham at home, it would be difficult to see where they get the other points to survive. 

Just equalized. Might go onto win now. 

Fulham have equalized too. They are the best team though against Sheffield United though according to 5 Live.

Edited by Fox92

51 minutes ago, Bilo said:

They'll probably get a winner and luton will lose in the last second.