Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

VAR was involved it seems and agreed with the decision made .

Not necessarily 

it judged that the refs call wasn’t a howler. The defender did make contact with the attacker with an arm on his shoulder as he tried to cut back to recover his poor touch .  I reckon you’d find 20% of people would think that’s a pen 

The var may have felt that he wouldn’t have given it but also that the ref was entitled to call it as he did. Hence no reversal of the on field call. 

my question would be how the same var protocol can decide it does have to get involved twice at st James’ park earlier 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not necessarily 

it judged that the refs call wasn’t a howler. The defender did make contact with the attacker with an arm on his shoulder as he tried to cut back to recover his poor touch .  I reckon you’d find 20% of people would think that’s a pen 

The var may have felt that he wouldn’t have given it but also that the ref was entitled to call it as he did. Hence no reversal of the on field call. 

my question would be how the same var protocol can decide it does have to get involved twice at st James’ park earlier 

Just shows the inconsistency I guess which frustrates everyone.

Craig Bellamy obviously been told not to say anything about the penalty decision as I am sure he would love to!

Edited by Super_horns

This game and the loss to Coventry is all down to lack of recruitment exacerbated by injuries. We've had two different 18 year olds leading the line for us in these two games, and then a bench full of kids. 

If your three first choice attackers are all injured at the same time then you're screwed basically, and relying heavily on a left back to put a chance away, which he couldn't do. 

Is it just me, or are Ivan Toney's eyes a little bit at ten to two?

(Or, as my Ayrshire-born wife would have it, one eye going for the shopping, the other coming back with the change  :ph34r: )

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Brentford v Man U is unwatchable because of both teams wearing stripes. Not sure if that's down to my colourblindness or if it's a problem for "normals" too.

Man United's kit is a horrendous departure from their traditions.   

Given that they are playing against a team in red / white stripes, so a clash for the colour blind could have been predicted easily,  they ought to have picked their 3rd kit white shirt with red trim.

• Like 2