Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Quick quiz. How many people can spot the foul in the build-up, that VAR decided was a clear and obvious error to disallow this goal? 

Is VAR a Bournemouth fan?

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Nothing wrong with that Wolves goal. 

No was harsh and quite a long way before the goal 

Particularly when Atwell was involved considering what went on at the weekend.

Mind you on MOTD they thought it was the right decision and the red card was harsh so they what do we know ..

Edited by Super_horns

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It is. Year after year he is consistently the second worst player in the Premier League for matching their xG. Neal Maupay is the only top flight striker who consistently wastes more chances.

Well if we are promoted it’ll be Patson “hold my beer” Daka they’ll all be chasing 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Well if we are promoted it’ll be Patson “hold my beer” Daka they’ll all be chasing 

In the two years Patson Daka played Premier League football he was the only Leicester City striker to match or better his expected goals across both seasons. 

I cannot defend some of his misses recently, he went from being absolutely superb when Enzo brought him back in to the team to really seeming to lose confidence completely since that miss at Leeds which was genuinely hideous and some of those since then. 

But he's still the victim of significant confirmation bias from a section of the fanbase who have been convinced he's shit since day one and are abjectly blind to anything good he does. 

I'd take Daka over Calvert Lewin every single day of the week, it isn't close. Daka is an objectively better footballer by basically every metric other than heading. 

• Like 1

I see Forest don't want Neville and Carragher at their game v Man City on Sunday.

Sky should just send Micah Richards there just to wind them up!

Has any Sky pundit actually agreed with their stance?

I think they would have got more support by saying in their view the decisions were wrong rather than going on about bias etc.

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

I know Klopp can be an arse and many will be glad to see the back of him, but I heard a story about him this week which changed my mind on him a bit.

A client of mine is a senior director of a big corporate and a Liverpool STH and he lives near Klopp. Apparently on some Sundays when Liverpool aren't playing, Klopp walks his dog around the local parks and watches the kids football matches. It's an unwritten rule that the locals leave him be and then often at the end of games he'll go over and speak to the players, coaches, and parents about what he's seen.

Everyone has to put their phones in a pile on the ground so not to record him and then he spends 10-15 minutes giving his observations, tips and pointers on how they can improve.

As a coach of my own son's U10's team a few years back, I think that's pretty cool of him tbh.

I like him and he's always seemed to take in the history and connect with Liverpool people (fans) and / or the area. From an outside view that's how I've always viewed him.

The moaning is annoying but he's not alone in that. Guardiola is as bad.

He's one of those that comes across as great to meet in a pub.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In the two years Patson Daka played Premier League football he was the only Leicester City striker to match or better his expected goals across both seasons. 

I cannot defend some of his misses recently, he went from being absolutely superb when Enzo brought him back in to the team to really seeming to lose confidence completely since that miss at Leeds which was genuinely hideous and some of those since then. 

But he's still the victim of significant confirmation bias from a section of the fanbase who have been convinced he's shit since day one and are abjectly blind to anything good he does. 

I'd take Daka over Calvert Lewin every single day of the week, it isn't close. Daka is an objectively better footballer by basically every metric other than heading. 

I am genuinely surprised by the stats and notwithstanding that these ratings are a somewhat spurious metric they are presumably applied consistently in assessing players . 
Since they were set in the EPL and he has latterly played in the championship and has frankly looked poor one league lower I’m not sure what conclusion can be drawn other than I agree he’s better than DCL 

27 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Very disrespectful for Slot to come out and say he wants to join Liverpool while still at Feyenord. Wait until the season has finished and talk about it once it’s announced. 

Are you saying he's a bit of a Slot? :P 

Just now, MarshallForEngland said:

Absolutely mad from Brighton, what are they thinking trying to play out from the back like that inside their own penalty area. 

That is where the overcoaching is so much that it just completely kills any individuality or common sense. Absolutely mad that they were playing that way with 5 or 6 man City players in and around their box 

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Di zerbi overrated for me, Brighton gradually getting worse the longer he’s there

Reckon there has already been an agreement between him and another club in place.

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I see Forest don't want Neville and Carragher at their game v Man City on Sunday.

Sky should just send Micah Richards there just to wind them up!

Has any Sky pundit actually agreed with their stance?

I think they would have got more support by saying in their view the decisions were wrong rather than going on about bias etc.

The funniest outcome would be that they refuse them entry, then it turns out that there are clauses in the TV Money deal. Forest's income is slashed for preventing Sky doing their thing and they breach FFP again. :thumbup:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2