Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Lionator said:

Brighton are a well run club obviously but also proof that you’re just a bad appointment away from relegation I think. They’re basically at the same point as us in 2021/22. 

They certainly have a manager who values himself above their club like we did then.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Brighton are a well run club obviously but also proof that you’re just a bad appointment away from relegation I think. They’re basically at the same point as us in 2021/22. 

Will depend entirely on their transfers this summer. Get it wrong and they'll be well in decline.

Depends A) how much control Brighton are giving him compared to the club model that got them this far and B) whether de Zerbi's eye for a player is anywhere near as bad as Rodgers' was.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lionator said:

6 hours ago, westernpark said:

They certainly have a manager who values himself above their club like we did then.

problem is that at this level, unless you have the best players like man city… any system will eventually get found out. The best managers are the ones that find solutions. 

Brendan only had one way of playing. Same with De Z…. which I think is why so many of us are worried about how things could go with enzo at the top level once teams figure out the best way to play against us.

Brighton have gone rotten very quickly. 

Brighton have become the De Z show, i little like we became the Brendan show. Sky Sports waxing lyrical about him yesterday and yet nobody pipes and points out their 10 game form is bottom 3. I've watched them a few times lately and not been impressed at all. I would suggest they are currently worse than we were in 2021/22. 

Really interested to see what the owners do. They are at that stage were players have experienced european football and its likely not to be forthcoming again anytime soon.  There was definitely agent push to put De Z forward for some of the other big jobs but it doesn't look like anything is going to happen there, so they will likely keep him. They could be the team everyone loves to beat next year.

Edited by Chelmofox

Brighton have been lauded about their transfer policies. They’ve made fortunes and have been successful. But what happens when they haven’t got the players to sell, a bit like us. 
Southampton were similar but inevitably the players won’t go to Brighton.

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Brighton have become the De Z show, i little like we became the Brendan show. Sky Sports waxing lyrical about him yesterday and yet nobody pipes and points out their 10 game form is bottom 3. I've watched them a few times lately and not been impressed at all. I would suggest they are currently worse than we were in 2021/22. 

Really interested to see what the owners do. They are at that stage were players have experienced european football and its likely not to be forthcoming again anytime soon.  There was definitely agent push to put De Z forward for some of the other big jobs but it doesn't look like anything is going to happen there, so they will likely keep him. They could be the team everyone loves to beat next year.

What they won’t do is give him £10m per season for five years !

if he wants to go then they’ll take the compensation and bring in the next guy 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Di zerbi overrated for me, Brighton gradually getting worse the longer he’s there

I said this months ago and got told I know nothing about football.

Good luck.

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I said this months ago and got told I know nothing about football.

Good luck.

I said it a while back too. There was a suspicious amount of fawning over him.

Mind you, i really don't know much about football at all.

• Like 1

I think De Zerbi is a good manager, but the noise about him going to "a Liverpool" has just come a bit prematurely and almost put him on a bit of a pedestal. He's certainly not bad. If he leaves Brighton any time soon though I'd imagine it'd be more likely for one of the bigger clubs Italy before he gets a huge gig here (if he was to).

You just have to look how many big jobs there are about at the minute and potentially coming up. Liverpool is the only one where there was a little bit of noise but even this seems to have stopped. 

He has been unlucky with a couple of injuries this season Mitoma being the main one but he needs to stick with Brighton, if they have another good  pre season with recruitment and a bit of luck with injuries then i think we will really see if he is a good manager or not.

For me he has the potential to be a top manager but he is far from the top and not sure how he would cope at an 'elite' club. 

He only has to look at Potter really. Yes he when into an absolute bin fire club but he has basically ballsed his career up and probably but it back 5 years.  

• Like 1

Really hate that pundits make it seem Liverpool have spent nothing, it's such a stupid take when they're up there with the top 4 biggest spenders. £85m they spent on Nunez, more than basically 14 teams have spent individually in years 

• Like 2