Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Inevitably, DCL proves me wrong.:D

It turns out that he *could*, after all, score on an 18-30 in Malia the day after the bus from Middlesbrough gets in.  I thought he couldn't.

That's Liverpool's season donald ducked, then.

My heart bleeds for them.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Manager saying he’s leaving mid season can’t be a good thing.

And yet for a few months afterwards it was a master stroke !

they didn’t want to announce it but someone found out and a Sunday paper were going to run with it 

Hate Everton like most on here but they put in performances and get results when they most need them , which is annoying. 

Also love their nod to their history and play music out of their tannoy , that is relevant to the club and its fans.

Unlike they garbage we've been blasting out to drown out any fans celebrating a good performance. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I know Klopp can be an arse and many will be glad to see the back of him, but I heard a story about him this week which changed my mind on him a bit.

A client of mine is a senior director of a big corporate and a Liverpool STH and he lives near Klopp. Apparently on some Sundays when Liverpool aren't playing, Klopp walks his dog around the local parks and watches the kids football matches. It's an unwritten rule that the locals leave him be and then often at the end of games he'll go over and speak to the players, coaches, and parents about what he's seen.

Everyone has to put their phones in a pile on the ground so not to record him and then he spends 10-15 minutes giving his observations, tips and pointers on how they can improve.

As a coach of my own son's U10's team a few years back, I think that's pretty cool of him tbh.

I think he definitely has had a strong connection with the community which is why they are particularly upset almost that he is going .

• Like 1

Just now, Super_horns said:

I think he definitely has had a strong connection with the community which is why they are particularly upset almost that he is going .

Very much so. Apparently him and his wife often have a meal in the same restaurant at the same table on Friday nights and the locals know to leave him alone and respect his privacy.

I know we like to knock the scoucers but they kinda get it.

No idea what he's going to do next but wouldn't be surprised if he keeps a house there and ends up back at Anfield in some capacity further down the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Calvert Lewin is abysmal. He’s either injured or rubbish, he misses so many chances all the time, never seen his xg but it must be terrible.

It is. Year after year he is consistently the second worst player in the Premier League for matching their xG. Neal Maupay is the only top flight striker who consistently wastes more chances.

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Very much so. Apparently him and his wife often have a meal in the same restaurant at the same table on Friday nights and the locals know to leave him alone and respect his privacy.

I know we like to knock the scoucers but they kinda get it.

No idea what he's going to do next but wouldn't be surprised if he keeps a house there and ends up back at Anfield in some capacity further down the line.

I think he's a really sound human being and always has been.

I just think he's an extremely, aggressively competitive person and the pressure of a Premier League / Champions League match day brings out the absolute worst in him. No doubt could do with some anger management as I think sometimes it is unnecessary, it is overboard and it isn't healthy. He doesn't set a great example to those same kids on the park when it's Saturday and they're watching him scream at fourth official on the touchline that he's towering over. I can't defend that tbh.

But outside the heat of the moment I think he's mostly fine other than a bit of moaning about the winter schedule but, eh, as much as I find that a bit out of touch as a fan it's not exactly surprising. It's just what he knows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Quick quiz. How many people can spot the foul in the build-up, that VAR decided was a clear and obvious error to disallow this goal? 

Literally no point in there is there anything even close to a foul. Ruining the game for absolutely no reason. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Quick quiz. How many people can spot the foul in the build-up, that VAR decided was a clear and obvious error to disallow this goal? 

I would love to hear the audio from that. 

• Like 1