Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Commentary team complaining how flat the West Ham v Liverpool has been, a game moved for TV to 12:30 in a week when Liverpool have had a 200 mph local derby, no I’m not Klopp but can’t they see the hypocrisy, 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Really hate that pundits make it seem Liverpool have spent nothing, it's such a stupid take when they're up there with the top 4 biggest spenders. £85m they spent on Nunez, more than basically 14 teams have spent individually in years 

Spot on. The worse thing is that they think all of us are stupid enough to believe their lies.

Liverpool's manager appointment is bizarre, I can't understand it at all. Even if Feyenoord were right now top of the Dutch league with 0 losses it would still be a shocking decision to appoint Slot. Imo they're going to suffer more than Arsenal and Man Utd post Wenger and Fergie era. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Spot on. The worse thing is that they think all of us are stupid enough to believe their lies.

Liverpool's manager appointment is bizarre, I can't understand it at all. Even if Feyenoord were right now top of the Dutch league with 0 losses it would still be a shocking decision to appoint Slot. Imo they're going to suffer more than Arsenal and Man Utd post Wenger and Fergie era. 

Can't agree there, Edwards has been installed as DOF and will be given complete control of recruitment etc. He's brilliant at what he does and only left as FSG gave Klopp more control over recruitment than him. 

They'll suffer on the pitch but recruitment wise they'll progress well  

Sheffield United have to go down as one of the most pathetic teams to play in this league. 96 goals conceded and they don't look even slightly like tightening it up defensively. 

What does everyone think if Burnley this season? A lot of comparisons are being made about us going up and struggling like Burnley. Big difference I see is Burnley are not very clinical in front of goal. We’ve had our blips but I wouldn’t say we consistently bad like Burnley. Against top teams you gotta take those chances when they come

Ten Hag very much like Rodgers with us, terrible football, constantly on the verge but just does enough to shithouse results (and not in a good way), papering over craters. 

It can only go on for so long.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Ten Hag very much like Rodgers with us, terrible football, constantly on the verge but just does enough to shithouse results (and not in a good way), papering over craters. 

It can only go on for so long.

The difference is we were at least fun for a bit under Rodgers. I don't think Ten Hag's United have ever put together a run of form where you consider them entertainers.

38 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

What does everyone think if Burnley this season? A lot of comparisons are being made about us going up and struggling like Burnley. Big difference I see is Burnley are not very clinical in front of goal. We’ve had our blips but I wouldn’t say we consistently bad like Burnley. Against top teams you gotta take those chances when they come

Burnley scored 87 goals in the Championship last season. We're currently on 86 goals. We'll likely score more than them but we'll end up with similar goal scoring numbers. They got a rookie coach like we do. So the comparisons to Burnley are valid..

• Like 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Come on Burnley, win this and Forest will be sh*tting themselves ahead of the final day 

I wouldn’t normally be a fan of Burnley staying up but seeing as it would be at the expense of Forest I’m all in favour of it

Very quietly, Burnley have a decent chance of survival. They're only two behind Forest, play two of their last three at home, with one of those being Forest on the final day. If they can match Forest's results, who have Man City and Chelsea at home as well as Sheffield United away, I'd actually make them favourites to survive. A win would put them a point ahead of Forest on the last day, and I'm not sure Forest are showing anything like the spirit or bottle to go to a relegation rival on the final day in a must-win game and come away with the result they need.

I suspect Forest get four points (beat Sheffield United and draw with Chelsea,) but it doesn't look as hopeless as it once did.

Edited by Bilo