Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Choudhury

I'd be reluctant. The main issue is, for example, say we get stuck with Ndidi, if the new manager can find some form out of Ndidi we know what he's capable of, we pretty much all want Mendy to sign a new deal and he deserves one and is far better than the championship, then there is KDH, if we keep Choudhury, that's 4 central midfielders with basically zero attacking talent between them. We then would need at least a more attacking midfielder to balance us out and give us options, that's 5 midfielders, then we have Braybrooke, Alves, and Marcal-Madivadua who all deserve a chance to impress especially given the lower league.

As much as I love the bite of Choudhury, I feel like if we keep him we are going to really struggle to rotate players since all of the above bar the 3 youth players will be expecting game time. 
If we sell Ndidi and let Mendy leave for free then I'd consider it personally.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'd be reluctant. The main issue is, for example, say we get stuck with Ndidi, if the new manager can find some form out of Ndidi we know what he's capable of, we pretty much all want Mendy to sign a new deal and he deserves one and is far better than the championship, then there is KDH, if we keep Choudhury, that's 4 central midfielders with basically zero attacking talent between them. We then would need at least a more attacking midfielder to balance us out and give us options, that's 5 midfielders, then we have Braybrooke, Alves, and Marcal-Madivadua who all deserve a chance to impress especially given the lower league.

As much as I love the bite of Choudhury, I feel like if we keep him we are going to really struggle to rotate players since all of the above bar the 3 youth players will be expecting game time. 
If we sell Ndidi and let Mendy leave for free then I'd consider it personally.

I see where you're coming from, but i personally dont think Mendy will stay. Ndidi I feel is unfortunately past it due to injuries and if we got any sort of offer we would be wise to take it, plus he will still be on high wages for the Championship. So based on that we will need a competent CDM. I feel like Dewsbury-Hall/Choudhury is a strong base to a Championship midfield, not exactly creative but Dewsbury-Hall in particular has shown he has great box-to-box potential in the Championship. 

• Like 2

Watford fans on their forum don't seem particularly impressed. Gets plaudits for tenaciousness and effort winning the ball back but often gives it away leaving space to be exploited too often - and that's Championship level Watford. As a stop gap he could do a job but if we want to bounce back out of the Football League we could do with a more rounded player with higher potential.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I see where you're coming from, but i personally dont think Mendy will stay. Ndidi I feel is unfortunately past it due to injuries and if we got any sort of offer we would be wise to take it, plus he will still be on high wages for the Championship. So based on that we will need a competent CDM. I feel like Dewsbury-Hall/Choudhury is a strong base to a Championship midfield, not exactly creative but Dewsbury-Hall in particular has shown he has great box-to-box potential in the Championship. 

Yeah can broadly agree with that KDH and Choudhury would be good enough for this level and then we would need to bring in someone creative. I just hope the silver lining of going down is some of our young players get a proper chance to shine like Alves whenever he’s ready to return! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah can broadly agree with that KDH and Choudhury would be good enough for this level and then we would need to bring in someone creative. I just hope the silver lining of going down is some of our young players get a proper chance to shine like Alves whenever he’s ready to return! 

Yep, can't see Ndidi and Mendy hanging around. 

Ideally would get rid of Ndidi, keep Mendy and have;

Mendy

KDH

Choudhury

New - which would ideally be Gus Hamer as a more attacking threat

With Braybrooke coming through.

Not sure if that would be quite enough or if we’d need one more but would be happy if it was that.

• Like 1

The reality of relegation.

This clown getting back in the squad. Miles off the standard required but can run about a bit and puts a tackle in after he has given it away.

Please watford pay the 6m. Please.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

We need to quickly realise our level. I’d take him.

We need to get promoted at the first attempt. If he's not good enough for Watford to pay the fee then he can only be, at best, a squad player for us if we can't get rid of him. The last thing we need to do is start thinking the championship is now our level. We need to try and score more and concede less than Burnley did. We can't afford not to bounce back in the first season.

Edited by desertfox2
promotion

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

£6m

I don't believe they are expected to use the option

Will still have 1 year left on his contract, I expect he will be in our squad next season, mostly as a squad player (hopefully)

Sounds the best approach. Keep him for the season as a utility option. If he shows signs of improving his play and passing etc., we can always offer an extended contract, but suspect there are better options for less money out there.

We are Leicester City , we only have the best quality players don't we? That has been so obvious this season hasn't it. Hamza, KDH, Thomas are nothing like good enough for us. Ha f*****g ha. Massive reality check incoming.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ideally would get rid of Ndidi, keep Mendy and have;

Mendy

KDH

Choudhury

New - which would ideally be Gus Hamer as a more attacking threat

With Braybrooke coming through.

Not sure if that would be quite enough or if we’d need one more but would be happy if it was that.

Don’t mean to be disrespectful but that is proper carp……no way do you build a promotion team with that and especially if you’re preparing to have a team that has the capability to step into prem……..KDH is the only player there to keep and Braybrooke will take time to recover as a squad option 

Mendy and Choudhury can do one …..we need pace, physicality and technical ability in the engine room 

58 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Don’t mean to be disrespectful but that is proper carp……no way do you build a promotion team with that and especially if you’re preparing to have a team that has the capability to step into prem……..KDH is the only player there to keep and Braybrooke will take time to recover as a squad option 

Mendy and Choudhury can do one …..we need pace, physicality and technical ability in the engine room 

You missed the bit where I suggested Hamer, one of the leading performers in that position in the league we are now in? Convenient that.

Sorry but your delusion is what’s proper carp. It’s called realism.

He was decent and had the 3rd most minutes of any outfield player at Watford who finished 11th

We are going to need a lot of players in the summer

He would be fine to keep as a bench / squad option

• Like 3

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Tielemans , Mendy , Maddison and Praet going . KDH dismissed as not good enough, Ndidi looking finished so that leaves us with ??

Napoli are apparently after Wilf, I would say we’re riding out his wages for the next year. 

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

You missed the bit where I suggested Hamer, one of the leading performers in that position in the league we are now in? Convenient that.

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Don’t be ridiculous if we raise £100m+ in fees plus reduce wage bill by at least a half then we will manoeuvre a way to build - if you don’t realise the middle of the park is probably where we will need quality to replace Youri, Maddison, Mendy then your being a fool….Hamer won’t be the answer and certainly Mendy, KDH and Hamza will not get us anywhere near the Top 6…