Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Choudhury

4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Personally think he could be just what’s needed, buzzing around snapping into a tackle will get the crowd more up for it when it’s a flat start. Him and kdh can set the tempo for the midfield and how we want to play! Kdh was fairly creative for Luton although he took corners so he intrigued to see open play stats. Creative/goal scoring midfielder in there and we look okay in there already. 

He’s carp and Soumare is miles better imo…….absence seems to make people’s judgement become twisted ….he’s absolute pony and the fact Watford are wanting to retain him says it all…..he’s league one at best and if we want to make an attempt to get back we need miles better than hamza

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

He’s carp and Soumare is miles better imo…….absence seems to make people’s judgement become twisted ….he’s absolute pony and the fact Watford are wanting to retain him says it all…..he’s league one at best and if we want to make an attempt to get back we need miles better than hamza

I need that confused emoji again ….

• 2 weeks later...

Time can certainly make the heart grow fonder.

I think people are forgetting actually how poor he is at receiving the ball from our defence and turning with it to start an attack, his natural instinct under pressure was to play it back to the defence and too many times it was intercepted.

Saying that, we need a squad and there's probably a place for him now in this division 

On 04/06/2023 at 21:54, LCFCJohn said:

I don’t think I can really remember Choudhury letting us down. He has often been played out of position in defence and not been a regular in the side.

Do I want him in the starting line up this next season. No.

Do I think he’s worth a place in the squad (as long as his wages are reflected) as a back up to provide energy and some grit to see games out at the level we will be, yes.

We will need a squad of mixed skill sets to do well in the championship and Choudhury does have his.

That back pass against Villa …

59 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Time can certainly make the heart grow fonder.

I think people are forgetting actually how poor he is at receiving the ball from our defence and turning with it to start an attack, his natural instinct under pressure was to play it back to the defence and too many times it was intercepted.

Saying that, we need a squad and there's probably a place for him now in this division 

I accept your point. But it's not his role to receive the ball facing his own goal. 

He's got an engine, I've seen him shuttle across deeper midfield filling in for advancing full backs. And he's actually got a decent forward pass on him. Like any player; use their strengths and mitigate their weaknesses. 

I thought he was a very handy ( and under utilised)  part of a, say, 18 squad in the PL. Let alone a championship squad 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Interesting that Maresca rates him despite him having all the technical ability of a regurgitated Cod. 

This is a positive though surely. To me, this would show that he appreciates that different types of players are required to win games and win a league over a long season.

We built a side based on purely supposed technical ability and it had all the strength of a wet tissue and saw us relegated. 

• Like 2

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

This is a positive though surely. To me, this would show that he appreciates that different types of players are required to win games and win a league over a long season.

We built a side based on purely supposed technical ability and it had all the strength of a wet tissue and saw us relegated. 

Yeah that’s why I said it’s interesting. Shows Maresca knows about the Championship.