Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Choudhury

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Don’t be ridiculous if we raise £100m+ in fees plus reduce wage bill by at least a half then we will manoeuvre a way to build - if you don’t realise the middle of the park is probably where we will need quality to replace Youri, Maddison, Mendy then your being a fool….Hamer won’t be the answer and certainly Mendy, KDH and Hamza will not get us anywhere near the Top 6…

I can’t even lol

You clearly have zero knowledge of the championship!

And you’ve listed Mendy as one we need to replace then scoffed at him being good enough! 

Let’s go for Bellingham yeah? Good midlands lad who love to come to us lol

26 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I can’t even lol

And you’ve listed Mendy as one we need to replace then scoffed at him being good enough! 

We actually should be going for Bellingham….. he’s off to Sunderland for £3 mill

45 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I can’t even lol

Probably about 30 years more than you I would suggest John…….

I have been really clear than less your slightly dim that Mendy is not the future and neither is Hamza……also don’t take for granted that KDH wants to stay …….

we need two quality midfielders to go with either Soumare, Ndidi and Braybrooke if he recovers but we have zero creativity and need players who can step into the prem too…….Jude wouldn’t want to play in Champs so your just being silly 😳

33 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Probably about 30 years more than you I would suggest John…….

I have been really clear than less your slightly dim that Mendy is not the future and neither is Hamza……also don’t take for granted that KDH wants to stay …….

we need two quality midfielders to go with either Soumare, Ndidi and Braybrooke if he recovers but we have zero creativity and need players who can step into the prem too…….Jude wouldn’t want to play in Champs so your just being silly 😳

Firstly, I have no idea why you felt the need to pile into my initial post about midfielders so personally on the attack. I am always keen to discuss topics with people on here hence posting on here but if I am insulted I will take the piss back, hence my Bellingham comment which seems to have gone over your head.

And no I am not ‘dim’ or a ‘fool’ or any other childish names you want to go calling people on an Internet forum despite calling yourself Old Fox and claiming to have 30 year more experience of life and I assume maturity. 

On topic, Soumare and Ndidi can go for me. 

The irony being that Mendy will probably move to a high club (likely abroad) than us and Hamer will have his sights set above us too you would think. So my selection suggestion was not particularly realistic to start with.

Hamza, of course he is not a starter but if you think he is not adequate back up to close a game out and add a bit of energy in a physical league then your expectations are too high.

Burnley pissed the league and had an engine room of Josh Brownhill, Josh Cullen and Jack Cork. Hardly world beaters! Solid, dependable players. Yes you need some spark in there but you need a balanced team otherwise you end up with the problem that has caused us to get relegated which can be summed up as style over substance.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Firstly, I have no idea why you felt the need to pile into my initial post about midfielders so personally on the attack. I am always keen to discuss topics with people on here hence posting on here but if I am insulted I will take the piss back, hence my Bellingham comment which seems to have gone over your head.

And no I am not ‘dim’ or a ‘fool’ or any other childish names you want to go calling people on an Internet forum despite calling yourself Old Fox and claiming to have 30 year more experience of life and I assume maturity. 

On topic, Soumare and Ndidi can go for me. 

The irony being that Mendy will probably move to a high club (likely abroad) than us and Hamer will have his sights set above us too you would think. So my selection suggestion was not particularly realistic to start with.

Hamza, of course he is not a starter but if you think he is not adequate back up to close a game out and add a bit of energy in a physical league then your expectations are too high.

Burnley pissed the league and had an engine room of Josh Brownhill, Josh Cullen and Jack Cork. Hardly world beaters! Solid, dependable players. Yes you need some spark in there but you need a balanced team otherwise you end up with the problem that has caused us to get relegated which can be summed up as style over substance.

All about opinions but this rebuild for me means buying with capability to play at the next level …..time will tell I guess but it’s going to be bumpy for sure !

53 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

All about opinions but this rebuild for me means buying with capability to play at the next level …..time will tell I guess but it’s going to be bumpy for sure !

I agree with looking for the balance between getting up and staying up. Unfortunately we have pissed away what we have built in terms of squad.

This season has been a a massive eye opener in that for all the perceived quality in the squad, the mentality and softness of the players out there has been our downfall. This is why i think there is a place in the squad for the likes of Choudhury to play a part. I suppose if you can have a number of players that can make the step up, you can build on that if you go up rather than making wholesale changes which is what I think you are getting at.

I have literally no idea the calibre of players we will be targeting so I feel that I am personally taking a more cautious view on it rather than getting too excited!

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

have literally no idea the calibre of players we will be targeting so I feel that I am personally taking a more cautious view on it rather than getting too excited!

If they are good and that is well known, they ain't coming here. We may get lucky with finding an unnoticed gem but judging by our recent attempts I doubt it. Curb your expectations , we are in new territory.

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If they are good and that is well known, they ain't coming here. We may get lucky with finding an unnoticed gem but judging by our recent attempts I doubt it. Curb your expectations , we are in new territory.

My expectations are well and truly curbed as you say! I am taking a very realistic view on it.

What I was getting at is are we going to manage to get anyone such as Hamer at Coventry who has performed strongly at that level this year. Or pick up a couple of gems from Peterborough such as Edwards and Poku that we have heard or, or loans from the top sides who we have heard of. Or whether it’ll be completely unknown!

On 29/05/2023 at 07:42, Mark said:

Mendy is like Praet in that he somehow becomes this great hard done by player whenever he has time out the side, truth is he’s just another passive player who contributed nothing for years, then somehow got a 3 year extension and proceeded to coast along again and now there are calls for another extension?! We’re so generous and it has to change and that means no contract extensions for the sake of it anymore.

...these extensions are because we needed him here!!!

He has been on the verge of going out the door a few times, and then we bring him back in and he stays here. He keeps us ticking over, helps move the ball and looks after it, he is a DM so we should not be looking for creativity.

• Like 1

He's a prime example of how people on here underestimate the quality we have in relation to the rest of the league. One of the best ball winners in the league last year and not a guaranteed starter for us next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In possession of the football the blokes a Disaster.

To his credit he gives it 110% and will put himself about.

Im not surprised Watford aren’t seemingly bothered about making his move permanent.

We should try our absolute best to offload him but as we offered him a year extension last year (another blunder by the club IMO) we may be stuck with him. 

In that case he could serve a purpose as a squad player as his off the ball attributes can be useful, that said he should be nowhere near the starting 11 if we are serious about going up.

• Like 1