Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Choudhury

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

18th percentile for progressive passes, 9th for progressive carries, 39th for attempted passes, 58th for pass completion, 10th for expected assists, 1st for shot creating actions ( lol lol lol ) and 14th for goals vs all other midfielders. 

As good as he is at tackles and interceptions, he just doesn't do anywhere near enough with the ball to work under Maresca. Similar problem with Ndidi, they're just not a type of player that we're likely to play under the current manager. 

One in the squad arguably gives you an option. Two is pointless. 

Getting rid of Wilf makes sense. Higher wages and let's face it not the player he was. We definitely should have that option in the team a cnt of a player. 

4 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Getting rid of Wilf makes sense. Higher wages and let's face it not the player he was. We definitely should have that option in the team a cnt of a player. 

But Wilf can actually do two things, he can go out and press and aggressively win the ball but he can also sit and hold shape and shield the centre backs. 

Hamza can do the former, he's dreadful at the latter. His positional defensive play is poor. What you can't measure with stats is the amount of times he could and should have gotten a tackle or assist but he was absolutely nowhere to be seen further up the pitch because he was charging around headless and the opposition completely beat his press. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Maresca sees Choudhury as a key part of his plans" yeah I bet he does. Given what he's said about how important it is for players to enjoy having the ball I'm sure he's absolutely desperate to keep hold of someone who treats it like an unexploded bomb and completes a forward pass about once a decade.

He's not entirely useless but he does not at all fit what we're trying to do, both in terms of trying to play possession football and also more specifically the system Maresca is using. I can't imagine him as one of the more advanced midfielders getting into the box and being a consistent goalscoring/creative threat, and given how he loves to hide from the ball certainly not as a Winks deputy, so what are we going to be using him for exactly?

One year on his contract, not very good, take the money and put it towards someone who can pass the ball.

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

But Wilf can actually do two things, he can go out and press and aggressively win the ball but he can also sit and hold shape and shield the centre backs. 

Hamza can do the former, he's dreadful at the latter. His positional defensive play is poor. What you can't measure with stats is the amount of times he could and should have gotten a tackle or assist but he was absolutely nowhere to be seen further up the pitch because he was charging around headless and the opposition completely beat his press. 

That's fine but from looking at the Wilf of now he looks incapable of doing any of that. Like Bambi on ice making continuous unforced errors. Was sad to witness. 

Maybe he's come back stronger and has impressed Enzo showing the old tenacity and go go gadget ability to intercept and tackle. If that's the case it's a no brainer, Wilf was the best DCM in the premier league for a long time. 

Miss singing his song too 😁

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

One of Maresca's biggest drives at the moment is to boost the confidence, morale and self belief of the whole club. I'm sure publicly he "rates" everyone.

Exactly. We'll know how much he rates him if he's still here when the window closes.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

That hasnt happened in a good two/three seasons. Like me claiming Vardy is fast if we are living that far in the past

22 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

That hasnt happened in a good two/three seasons. Like me claiming Vardy is fast if we are living that far in the past

Is Vardy not fast any more? Then who was it I saw outpace the Leeds and Everton defences to score classic Vardy goals just a few months ago...?  :dunno:

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Guest said:

"Maresca sees Choudhury as a key part of his plans" yeah I bet he does. Given what he's said about how important it is for players to enjoy having the ball I'm sure he's absolutely desperate to keep hold of someone who treats it like an unexploded bomb and completes a forward pass about once a decade.

He's not entirely useless but he does not at all fit what we're trying to do, both in terms of trying to play possession football and also more specifically the system Maresca is using. I can't imagine him as one of the more advanced midfielders getting into the box and being a consistent goalscoring/creative threat, and given how he loves to hide from the ball certainly not as a Winks deputy, so what are we going to be using him for exactly?

One year on his contract, not very good, take the money and put it towards someone who can pass the ball.

Well thats because every possession team has that one player that is just there to win the ball and do the simple stuff. 

Man City are a basket case because they have all the money in the world so get someone more complete like rodri... but most cant get a rodri or a kante or even a casimero. 

Most get a longstaff an ndidi a fabinho.  Or closer to the championship a marvelous nakamba. 

Theres definitely room for somone with a little less ability if the other 10 are all capable with the ball.  It also alows the manager to attempt different things. Id be very surprised if we ridded the club of all dms and out of wilf and hamza the decision is very very easy. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes definitely not fast anymore. Out pacing Michael Keane doesnt make someone fast

He's not slow. The acceleration is still there,  he just cant go long distance anymore. He used to be able to break from the halfway line... he now can break from the final 3rd.. but that doesnt mean hes slow. 

21 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes definitely not fast anymore. Out pacing Michael Keane doesnt make someone fast

Watch the videos of those goals and try telling me he's not quick. He may be slower than he used to be, but he's still faster than many out there...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He's not slow. The acceleration is still there,  he just cant go long distance anymore. He used to be able to break from the halfway line... he now can break from the final 3rd.. but that doesnt mean hes slow. 

Im not saying hes slow but certainly wouldnt describe him as quick anymore. Hes 36, its only natural 

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Im not saying hes slow but certainly wouldnt describe him as quick anymore. Hes 36, its only natural 

Thats fair. Dont think anyone in our team has pace at the moment. Got to be the slowest leicester side weve had in donkeys. 

I still think Vardy shades a race with daka and nacho to a thru-ball. 

Edited by Lambert09

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

One of Maresca's biggest drives at the moment is to boost the confidence, morale and self belief of the whole club. I'm sure publicly he "rates" everyone. 

But Hamza just doesn't really fit anywhere and we gave him a weird pay bump last time we extended. He's a prime candidate to go really. 

Likely conditional on us signing other midfielders though. 

Agreed also if being leaked Maresca rates him

means we can push to maximise the fee, if we make it clear he doesn’t fit in his plans and given he has 1 year on his contract, it is more likely they will offer a nominal fee. Not sure we will get 10m but the leak of a new contract and being highly regarded might mean we secure £6-8m plus some add ons 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Well thats because every possession team has that one player that is just there to win the ball and do the simple stuff. 

Man City are a basket case because they have all the money in the world so get someone more complete like rodri... but most cant get a rodri or a kante or even a casimero. 

Most get a longstaff an ndidi a fabinho.  Or closer to the championship a marvelous nakamba. 

Theres definitely room for somone with a little less ability if the other 10 are all capable with the ball.  It also alows the manager to attempt different things. Id be very surprised if we ridded the club of all dms and out of wilf and hamza the decision is very very easy. 

Yeah I just don't see it. Which of the four central midfield positions in Maresca's system do you envisage being sacrificed to allow Choudhury to perform that role? I don't discount the possibility that we might keep him around as an emergency legbreaker but he's obviously not going to be an important player, much less a starter, unless something goes dramatically wrong. "A little less ability" is being kind.

I agree it's an easy decision out of Wilf and Hamza. About the same age, both shit on the ball with a year left on their deals, but one was a very good Premier League player who became crap at more or less the same time all his teammates did likewise and the other has just always been crap. I'll take Wilf please.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Agreed also if being leaked Maresca rates him

means we can push to maximise the fee, if we make it clear he doesn’t fit in his plans and given he has 1 year on his contract, it is more likely they will offer a nominal fee. Not sure we will get 10m but the leak of a new contract and being highly regarded might mean we secure £6-8m plus some add ons 

Can't see Hamza going anywhere unless he gets the same pay and that doesn't seem remotely likely. We are most unlikely however to loan him to another Championship club and subsidise his wages. My guess , he will be in the squad.