Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K789

Kdh

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I hope that’s not true. Reading Foxes Talk as a player would be madness.

Like always on forums , the extreme opinions of some keyboard warriors should be given the contempt they deserve but confidence can be fragile in some players so has it been a factor in his poor form , who can say. The bezerk comments are usually a reflection of the posters own problems really. He will have to listen only to constructive criticism from people who know what they are talking about.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely 100% drivel. I know people don't like the phrase but it's completely lazy journalism. 

He had a loan there, they like him, so he's going back. 

He's under contract at the club that developed him, we need him, we're already losing nearly our entire midfield, he's a decent professional, he's staying. End of. 

Besides, with all due respect, Luton is a massive risk as a career move. They'll be overwhelming favourites for relegation and frankly they probably can't afford to spend on one player what we'd need to be tempted to sell him. No chance it happens. 

so you’re saying a 1 year loan deal is their best chance of getting him?

5 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I hope that’s not true. Reading Foxes Talk as a player would be madness.

5 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

He’s gash anyway

Yup!  That way madness lies.  If he is reading this, I can only say you are an unbelievably good footballer to get to where you are, and most people are idiots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Of course it is, but that wouldn't suit us.  This isn't a player who is a nailed on starter in a club who can afford a high fee, also not on massive wages and a Leicester boy, he is one we should be keeping and playing next season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Of course it is, but that wouldn't suit us.  This isn't a player who is a nailed on starter in a club who can afford a high fee, also not on massive wages and a Leicester boy, he is one we should be keeping and playing next season.

Looking individually you might be right  but football is more complicated than that.  It depends who we shift, who wants to stay and what wages we want to pay. We have 3 CMs who do somewhat of a similar job- Hamza, Mendy and KDH.. KDH is more box to box obviously but none of them are that creative .. plus we have Ndidi. We don’t need all 4 of those. If we can shift 2 of them then KDH will stay, providing he wants to, of course. Personally I think KDH is too much of an asset to sell so if we can’t shift the others or he wants to stay in the prem then accepting a 1 year loan to a prem team isn’t as daft as it sounds..

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I really don't know why you're so obsessed with this. 

It doesn't really make any sense mate, I cannot see it happening. 

17 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Money talks. If Luton offer close to £40 million (or a good percentage of any sell-on fee) I think he'll be gone. Extend Mendy's contract and recall Hamza. I agree KDH could be good for us in the Championship, but beggars can't be choosers. 

I'd drive him there......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People don't seem to understand how much we are going to have to ut the wage bill next season. We almost can't afford the wages of anyone who has been given a frankly twattish increase by Rudkin. 

Apparently he was on 25k a week and we boosted it to 75k.................not sustainable in the Championship and we will entertain offers for anyone in this squad. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Money talks. If Luton offer close to £40 million (or a good percentage of any sell-on fee) I think he'll be gone. Extend Mendy's contract and recall Hamza. I agree KDH could be good for us in the Championship, but beggars can't be choosers. 

Can’t see Luton spending that much on a player when they are building a new stadium and or are having to spend £15m+ on making Kenilworth Road stadium up to EPL standard if that’s possible !

• Haha 1

Yes he is one of our own, however whilst he runs around a lot and is a fan of the club, he has also been handsomely rewarded, and is one of many who appears to have become too comfortable and lost that hunger and desire. 

After this season, I wouldn’t be overly upset if all we have left from this season is Iversen, Kristiansen, Souttar, Vardy and a returning Hamza, the rest can go either because they  have lost hunger/desire to play for the club or in the case of Kels likely to attract genuine interest and raise much needed funds for our rebuild. 

29 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

People don't seem to understand how much we are going to have to ut the wage bill next season. We almost can't afford the wages of anyone who has been given a frankly twattish increase by Rudkin. 

Apparently he was on 25k a week and we boosted it to 75k.................not sustainable in the Championship and we will entertain offers for anyone in this squad. 

Percy reported that every player had wage reduction clause in their contract of between 35%-50%. If that's true (Percy saying it gives it credibility) and KDH's new wage of £75k p/w is true (feels about right) then he'll be on something between £37.5k - £48.75k p/w. Sustainable long-term? No. Manageable for a season or two if strip back elsewhere to keep the players we want? Yes.

I agree we'd probably entertain offers for him, as we would everyone right now, and it'll also depend on if he wants to go or not too but even just losing the out of contract players, shifting Maddison and Barnes for big fees, and losing one or two fringe players (Vestergaard, Praet etc) will make a massive difference and give us wiggle room for the season ahead.

33 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I wonder what the average wage is in the championship, 15-25k maybe. Even after the wage reductions most of our players will be on more than that. Any acceptable offers that come in for our players we need to accept. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I wonder what the average wage is in the championship, 15-25k maybe. Even after the wage reductions most of our players will be on more than that. Any acceptable offers that come in for our players we need to accept. 

Vestergard was on 35k at Southampton, we upped his wages to 78k, so even at a 50% dock, he'll still be on more money. 

• Sad 1

Can’t believe anyone could entertain the thought of letting him go. Shouldn’t be going anywhere, it means more to him. We’ve gone down largely because the players didn’t care enough, foolish to then let him of all players leave. Every team needs players like KDH, set’s the tone with his desire and hunger. I saw him having a go at Evans and Barnes on Sunday for sloppy play so he’s no simp. By all accounts has been devastated by the way this season has gone, unlike most. 

He won Player of the season when we finished 8th in the prem, has had many brilliant performances for us and has proven himself in the Prem let alone the Championship. He hasn’t had his best this season but who has ? He still started 8 of the 9 games we won. He’ll boss the championship. Play him on the left side of midfield, let him off the leash, chase all game, late runs into the box and he’ll help get us back.  

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yup!  That way madness lies.  If he is reading this, I can only say you are an unbelievably good footballer to get to where you are, and most people are idiots.

If you're reading this KDH please spend the summer learning how to pass and control with your weak foot and speed up your decision making so you stop dithering on the ball.

Edited by Itsthejoeker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Can’t believe anyone could entertain the thought of letting him go. Shouldn’t be going anywhere, it means more to him. We’ve gone down largely because the players didn’t care enough, foolish to then let him of all players leave. Every team needs players like KDH, set’s the tone with his desire and hunger. I saw him having a go at Evans and Barnes on Sunday for sloppy play so he’s no simp. By all accounts has been devastated by the way this season has gone, unlike most. 

He won Player of the season when we finished 8th in the prem, has had many brilliant performances for us and has proven himself in the Prem let alone the Championship. He hasn’t had his best this season but who has ? He still started 8 of the 9 games we won. He’ll boss the championship. Play him on the left side of midfield, let him off the leash, chase all game, late runs into the box and he’ll help get us back.  

Undeniably , we have been poor , particularly in defense and it seems to me everyone of our squad has been called rubbish on here. They are not anything of the sort. Badly managed , poorly led and lacking belief in themselves yes , but they are not crap. KDH is a fine player and he will be showing it again soon enough. By the way , the difference in quality between lower half PL players and those in the top half of the championship is very small as Fulham and Bournemouth have proved.

• Like 4

On 31/05/2023 at 09:14, Lako42 said:

...we will be reducing the players wages between 35- 50%!!!

We  will have £111m plus parachute payment. We are also looking at sales so we will have the budget to finance our stay in the Championship. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we will be reducing the players wages between 35- 50%!!!

We  will have £111m plus parachute payment. We are also looking at sales so we will have the budget to finance our stay in the Championship. 

How long is this stay?