Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K789

Kdh

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

So if KDH and Thomas are not required as was Choudury and Barnes needs to be sold. That will leave us with no academy players. That sends a message to Braybrooke and Alves ; Don't bother. 

Does it ?

hamza wasn’t good enough to stay 

Barnes doesn’t want to stay 

if the other two want to leave then that’s not the club forcing them out 

i’d have though sammy wouldn’t be bothered to see two midfielders moving on and alves would have his eyes on the left wing aswell ….

• Like 2

On 03/06/2023 at 23:28, Blue-fox said:

I’ve heard he isn’t happy at the club and he wants out. As does Thomas 

I really love these throw away comments on FT.

• Like 1

So one poster decides to stir the pot by saying ‘I’ve heard’ and everyone piles on them calling them shit and get in the bin etc etc…nice, classy fan base.

I wouldn’t blame either of them for wanting to go even though it’d likely sideways steps as our fan base are toxic towards academy players. 

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Not true from KDH side of things, that I can say 100%.

If anything he’s more gutted he couldn’t get himself fit enough to help our push to stay up.

Well said - I’m sure he is just as annoyed at the games that he did make himself available for but was left on the bench when those other 3 muppets were picked and started in cm- I really don’t get the kdh hate - yes he doesn’t have that Maddison pass but his work rate is phenomenal and we always look better when he is bombing round the pitch - that was the same pattern all year - every time bodgers took him off we went to bits - home to Brentford 1st bloody game of season - 2 up - subbed and we didn’t know what to do - big spaces everywhere- am I right in saying we didn’t win a game all season when he didn’t start ?? 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 4

Players like KDH (and most of the squad really) don’t know how important they are until the new boss comes in and decides a style of play.  KDH could well start every game next season.  I don’t really buy this ‘unhappy’ talk - he’s not like Maddison who will clearly have many premiership clubs after him

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Players like KDH (and most of the squad really) don’t know how important they are until the new boss comes in and decides a style of play.  KDH could well start every game next season.  I don’t really buy this ‘unhappy’ talk - he’s not like Maddison who will clearly have many premiership clubs after him

Yeah exactly. Footballers know that managers come and go, it might be the first significant time Thomas and KDH have lost a manager but they'll still recognise it's part of football. They've got no idea who is coming in and how much they'll be valued by a new coach. 

I'm not sure I'd buy that any player wants to leave because they're "unhappy at the club" when the entire regime is set to change and nobody knows what that'll involve. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd argue that most of the players are unhappy with the situation rather than the actual club.

I'd be more worried if they were all happy.

Exactly. 

I dont doubt a fair few will want away but they'll want away for the simple fact that we're now in the second tier, a fair few of them are good enough for (at very least) Europa League football and a lot have just had their wages reduced as per contractual clauses. 

But actually just "unhappy at the club" in general terms doesn't make any real sense. Especially for those two who likely have their whole lifetimes worth of friends and family nearby. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd argue that most of the players are unhappy with the situation rather than the actual club.

I'd be more worried if they were all happy.

More likely, unhappy with their situation that they have created.

• Like 2

On 04/06/2023 at 08:39, wardyfox86 said:

Because they've both been pretty awful. Can't get into a team that's just been relegated. If they think they can do better than us, especially Thomas, they should think again.

.. Thomas is a paradox..!!!

The bigger the game, and the bigger the identity of who he is up against, the better he plays.

He either re-watches these top players over and over to identify weaknesses, and the not so illustrious ones are the ones he chose not to research. 

As for KDH the vitriol that is aimed at him in this forum, if read by himself or members of his family,  can only be viewed as that he is not appreciated here.

If anything that we have seen on this forum, is than fans are fickle, they swing violently from one polar opposite to another. The same person denigrating his talents are the same ones stating he is one of us, strange that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Thomas is a paradox..!!!

The bigger the game, and the bigger the identity of who he is up against, the better he plays.

He either re-watches these top players over and over to identify weaknesses, and the not so illustrious ones are the ones he chose not to research. 

As for KDH the vitriol that is aimed at him in this forum, if read by himself or members of his family,  can only be viewed as that he is not appreciated here.

If anything that we have seen on this forum, is than fans are fickle, they swing violently from one polar opposite to another. The same person denigrating his talents are the same ones stating he is one of us, strange that.

There are very few on here who remain consistent. Opinions are very short term with some. It is absolutely true that many of our players have underperformed this season , it doesn't make them bad players but does show you that the mental side of top players is often paramount. Our players lost their self-belief , it was Rodger's job to restore that and he failed - badly.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

What worries me most is when I read we want to build the team around KDH?

Average at best 

It would worry me if we were building the team around any player. However good the player is, if he is injured, suspended or just not on it, you are in a mess.

Regarding the last part, he has previously been great at Championship level so unless you think he has massively regressed in quality, this seems like an overreaction.

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

It would worry me if we were building the team around any player. However good the player is, if he is injured, suspended or just not on it, you are in a mess.

Regarding the last part, he has previously been great at Championship level so unless you think he has massively regressed in quality, this seems like an overreaction.

...as we can see with Rodgers's fixation with Barnes!!!

If Barnes was not available it was putting players in the wrong positions to accommodate the missing player. You cannot be over-reliant on just one player, Maddison had a purple spell, he then lost form or interest and no one was there to pick up the pieces.

KDH whether he was a standout in this division or not, we are not going to have him as the focal point of this team, we are not building just to get out of this division, we want a balanced and coherent team when we come back up.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as we can see with Rodgers's fixation with Barnes!!!

If Barnes was not available it was putting players in the wrong positions to accommodate the missing player. You cannot be over-reliant on just one player, Maddison had a purple spell, he then lost form or interest and no one was there to pick up the pieces.

KDH whether he was a standout in this division or not, we are not going to have him as the focal point of this team, we are not building just to get out of this division, we want a balanced and coherent team when we come back up.

Exactly, I agree with that re Barnes.

And regarding KDH, as I say, you don’t want anyone including him as a focal point as it’s the team effort. But he is more than good enough to be on the left of our central midfield, whether that’s in a 2 or 3 and the focus should be who partners him. A season in the championship, as with Iverson and Thomas as well as Daka if they all stay, will then tell us whether they are good enough to be part of the balanced, coherent and of course enough quality team if/when we go back up.

On 04/06/2023 at 10:46, jv1 said:

KDH is not going anywhere-  get in the absolute bin - we are always better when he plays - presses really well and links the play - makes barnes look a lot better as well when he plays -plenty to learn but will be first name on team sheet next year and he loves Leicester - one of our own 

You've missed those moves where he has the turning circle of an oil tanker and still manages to pass the ball behind one of our players and out of play?

He may improve next season if he gets some confidence back but please let's not exagerate what he gave to the team this season.