Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K789

Kdh

Luton don't seem like the kind of club that are going to start spending a lot of money on players

Doubt we will see them sign any players at all for over £10m, which wouldn't be near enough for KDH

I work with a Luton fan and he's said for years if they ever got to the Premier League they would go on the cheap, bank the money and get the new ground sorted, then hopefully come again.

There is no chance he is sold to them. They'll be going for loans and bargains on the continent.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely 100% drivel. I know people don't like the phrase but it's completely lazy journalism. 

He had a loan there, they like him, so he's going back. 

He's under contract at the club that developed him, we need him, we're already losing nearly our entire midfield, he's a decent professional, he's staying. End of. 

Besides, with all due respect, Luton is a massive risk as a career move. They'll be overwhelming favourites for relegation and frankly they probably can't afford to spend on one player what we'd need to be tempted to sell him. No chance it happens. 

Came in to post lazy journalism but it just is.

Doubt they could afford his wages anyway.

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

They ain't gonna pay anything  like £40m because he's not worth anything like that. Half of that figure at the very most.

They wouldn't even offer £20m, Luton won't be paying out that much for anyone

Just a lazy link, expect to see one for JJ soon

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unfortunately seems to read everything that's written about him. I reckon he might force a move as he's not very happy at the club right now.

I’d like to keep him but wouldn’t be too bothered if we got a decent fee.

• Like 1

Leicester boy, potential to be a future captain, signed a five year deal last summer,  but yeah sure he's going to a club he had a good loan at. Respect to Luton for their rise but it's not gonna happen. 

Edited by Poznan34

This won't be happening. Luton's success story has been built on bargain buys, loans and financial prudence. Spunking £40m on a midfielder who wasn't first choice in a relegated team just isn't their model at all.

I'm not even sure KDH would fancy it as he'd probably look at Luton as a team who'll be favourites to be back in the Championship in August 2024, and we'll be fancied to be going the other way. Home town club as well.

2 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Leicester boy, potential to be a future captain, signed a five year deal last summer,  but yeah sure he's going to a club he had a good loan at. Respect to Luton for their rise but it's not gonna happen. 

Any manager worth his salt makes him captain next season in my opinion. Most established player, arguably one of our most important and seems to love the club.

• Like 1

We’ll it won’t be to Luton!

his relegation adjusted salary here will be more than they would pay him !

Currently their average wage is around £5k/week 

if someone like palace are willing to pay £25m for him then quite honestly, I’d sell.  If we bounce back then he’s going to be on £70k again - we need as many in our squad of lower earners that we can ease up if we return. 

Got absolutley no chance of going there. I imagine even in the Championship we’d paid more then Luton offer him. Would of thought he’d see next year as a chance to properly cement himself at his hometown club and become a big player aswell. If we’d been in the Championship for a few years then it would probably be different.

Edited by South Shire Fox

Klopp is an admirer and with Milner leaving , and his midfield ageing he could be a vastly cheaper option than McAllister. He has taken a battering on here recently so if as I expect , he reads this , he might not be feeling so close to us as he once was.He is definitely a good player in my opinion and will get better.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unfortunately seems to read everything that's written about him. I reckon he might force a move as he's not very happy at the club right now.

Presume he misses Brendan as KDH looked miserable at the subsequent games. Club are going have to work out how to make him happy, because to lose academy products who haven’t set the team alight this year is really going to hurt. Next year he will be essential. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Money talks. If Luton offer close to £40 million (or a good percentage of any sell-on fee) I think he'll be gone. Extend Mendy's contract and recall Hamza. I agree KDH could be good for us in the Championship, but beggars can't be choosers. 

Good grief, mendy and Hamza are not getting us mid table, no matter a challenge, but £40m for KDH, that might buy us 2 quality championship players