Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K789

Kdh

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just wait until Braybrooke comes back from his injury!!!

Playing in this league could be a godsend for him to shore up his skills.

He can transition the play, he gets better as the game goes on, great passing awareness,  skillful and tenacious. His physicality was always my problem with him coming through, and I hope he can overcome this, just by being elusive in the middle.

As a longshot, he could rival Nish for being one if our youngest skipper, he is that good.

What I've seen of Braybrooke he does look very talented, certainly more so that KDH. 

The big question is can he make the step up. ?  Like Iversen who many of us knew had the Talent to step up. We won't know until given a chance. He was unfortunate to get such a bad injury, Lets hope he makes a full recovery and get's a chance.

Certainly the Championship is a good place for him to start.

I think Soumare is going to get better the more he plays and finds his feet. Then we have Wilf who may or may not be sold.

Which means we need at least one other Physical Midfielder who can also play a bit.

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

What I've seen of Braybrooke he does look very talented, certainly more so that KDH. 

The big question is can he make the step up. ?  Like Iversen who many of us knew had the Talent to step up. We won't know until given a chance. He was unfortunate to get such a bad injury, Lets hope he makes a full recovery and get's a chance.

I think Soumare is going to get better the more he plays and finds his feet. Then we have Wilf who may or may not be sold.

Which means we need at least one other Physical Midfielder who can also play a bit.

Soumare’s style will be a disaster in the Championship so needs shipping out for me. Too pedestrian and lack of urgency in a fast paced league. Same for Wilf.

• Like 3

I think that's gonna have to be for whoever comes in to make a decision on. His ball carrying would be a good thing to have, but his awareness when out of possession seems to be his biggest flaw. However under Smith he did start picking up runners and coming back to make tackles. So it'd be interesting to see if it's a lack of awareness and gamesense from him or he was being given instructions that didn't play to his strengths under Rodgers. In a similar vein Wilf used to look great at what he was best at. Then BR decided to change him into Pirlo and he looks dogshit. Now has he regressed into a crap player, or is he just not a Pirlo?

Slightly off topic as other posts have been. My worry is that Braybrooke (and Alves) will not be the players/they could have been after ACL injuries. Ok, I know Keane/ibrahimovic have done well after similar injuries, but neither are runners in same way as either of aforementioned (particularly Alves). I have no doubt without injury that both would have been in the squad/team next season. I also hope that if young players like KDH come through they ae not overplayed. I feel this is case with KDH  and he was less effective as a result. 

8 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Soumare’s style will be a disaster in the Championship so needs shipping out for me. Too pedestrian and lack of urgency in a fast paced league. Same for Wilf.

I understand your point and yes he has been like you say. But he's young and learning in a strange country.

I actually think a few kickings in the Championship will wake him up.

He shows lot of promise and can't be on that big of a salary. I wouldnt give up on him yet.

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I understand your point and yes he has been like you say. But he's young and learning in a strange country.

I actually think a few kickings in the Championship will wake him up.

He shows lot of promise and can't be on that big of a salary. I wouldnt give up on him yet.

He’s rubbish, on massive wages and despite looking the part is about as intimidating as a large jelly. Mendy is far stronger on the ball despite being half his size

• Like 1

Still amazes me that there's people who don't rate him. The only time Tielemans/Maddison looked decent in recent years was when KDH was doing all there running. If Ndidi could get back to what he was, I think he can now he's not going to be doing all Tielemans/Maddison's running, then we'd piss the Championship with 2 KDHs either side of him. 

I think he's a bit like Okazaki, you don't realise what he does until he's gone. We were good under Smith when he played, but when he was out the team Maddison/Tielemans were dire. I'd like to see him given a go as a number 10 so we can press from the front. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

He’s rubbish, on massive wages and despite looking the part is about as intimidating as a large jelly. Mendy is far stronger on the ball despite being half his size

I doubt he's on massive wages given that he came from France. Mendy may protect the ball better but has no vision of what to do with it afterwards. Soumare has an excellent touch and can see a pass. He just needs to improve his attitude as he always seems too laid back.

He may well be sold if we can recover our investment in him But I'd be happy to see him stay another season to see if he becomes the player he has the talents to be.

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Still amazes me that there's people who don't rate him. The only time Tielemans/Maddison looked decent in recent years was when KDH was doing all there running. If Ndidi could get back to what he was, I think he can now he's not going to be doing all Tielemans/Maddison's running, then we'd piss the Championship with 2 KDHs either side of him. 

I think he's a bit like Okazaki, you don't realise what he does until he's gone. We were good under Smith when he played, but when he was out the team Maddison/Tielemans were dire. I'd like to see him given a go as a number 10 so we can press from the front. 

****ing hell. Rates KDH and Amartey. 

But thinks Foden, Maddison and Barnes are average. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt he's on massive wages given that he came from France. Mendy may protect the ball better but has no vision of what to do with it afterwards. Soumare has an excellent touch and can see a pass. He just needs to improve his attitude as he always seems too laid back.

He may well be sold if we can recover our investment in him But I'd be happy to see him stay another season to see if he becomes the player he has the talents to be.

...he has carried this lack of awareness with him from Lille, he is not going to improve that part of his game!!!

Covering his colleagues and working harder may be just the biggest thing we need from him, his inability to read the game does not help.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Interesting what Enzo does with KDH.

His very obvious flaws with the technical part of the game make me wonder if we’d consider a respectable offer for him?

Maybe he will convert him to a left back where his one footedness would be less of a problem.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2023 at 20:47, Clever Fox said:

Step up to what? It’s not being a PL quality goalie with his distribution.

8 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Interesting what Enzo does with KDH.

His very obvious flaws with the technical part of the game make me wonder if we’d consider a respectable offer for him?

£20m.

On 10/06/2023 at 21:04, Clever Fox said:

over 90,000 a week apparently, which is our average wage and he cost 20 million, so could be more:mad:

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH at this level will be a weapon, I'd not be surprised to see him improve in the process and then be more rounded as a player if we do return to the PL in the next 2 seasons.

💯 this - will be very very good in this division - actually I’m saying one of the best in the whole league- no reasons or excuses not to be - I don’t get the KDH hate at all - mental really - puts his absolute pan in every game and even in last seasons sh*t show we were comfortably better when he played and the results showed it - player of the season award incoming - potential captain as well if Enzo likes him 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH at this level will be a weapon, I'd not be surprised to see him improve in the process and then be more rounded as a player if we do return to the PL in the next 2 seasons.

Hope Enzo can remind him he has two feet 

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Step up to what? It’s not being a PL quality goalie with his distribution.

Distribution can be sorted out. Look at the saves he's made. Some of them have been outstanding.

He'll be even better this season as his confidence grows and knowing he's likely to be number one Goalkeeper. He's only going one way and that's up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

over 90,000 a week apparently, which is our average wage and he cost 20 million, so could be more:mad:

That's scandalous if true. Unless they're proven quality, players coming from lower leagues shouldn't be paid more than 10k.

Look at the quality Brighton have signed, You can bet they could'nt afford to pay any of them 90. a week.

No wonder our finances are effected.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t know, his form for pretty much 12+ months has been horrendous.

He genuinely struggles with simple passes and his first touch at times is Sunday League level.

Will he even be technically gifted enough to play Enzo football?

I hope that I’m wrong as after his first season was a big fan but so many flaws are in his game that just by dropping a level will gloss over.

• Like 1