Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ilias Chair

52 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Are we building  a man city mk2. The players we are linked with or have signed are mini man city players. Nimble, good on the ball, good movement etc.

...thought the very same, it does not feel like it is a Leicester team!!!

Those big teams have players who have a type of swagger and arrogance (without actually being arrogant) about them, we are moving with the times and have someone in the know who can lead us.

I think for some supporters of a certain age, there will still be a wish to go back to a less sophisticated style of play.

3 hours ago, Wortho said:

Have you seen him play?

Plenty of videos..

I didn’t say he’s the best players in the world..  but anyone with a pulse seems to go for 10m these days. Time for you to understand modern prices!

Guest Sideshow Faes
5 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Are we building  a man city mk2. The players we are linked with or have signed are mini man city players. Nimble, good on the ball, good movement etc.

Well yes, that's exactly what we've spent all summer building

8 hours ago, MPH said:

Plenty of videos..

I didn’t say he’s the best players in the world..  but anyone with a pulse seems to go for 10m these days. Time for you to understand modern prices!

Anything you say, sir 

Where would he fit? That’s my question…. Casadei is clearly going to be one of the high 8’s…… KDH isn’t getting dropped and nor is Winks……. He isn’t a winger as he’s far too slow….. so you’d wonder where he would fit? If we’re looking at two wingers as well? 

Im not convinced we’re in for this at all. I think it’s more likely his agent pushing for him to move and we’ve been linked previously. It just doesn’t make much sense, when it seems Praet is staying too. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Where would he fit? That’s my question…. Casadei is clearly going to be one of the high 8’s…… KDH isn’t getting dropped and nor is Winks……. He isn’t a winger as he’s far too slow….. so you’d wonder where he would fit? If we’re looking at two wingers as well? 

Im not convinced we’re in for this at all. I think it’s more likely his agent pushing for him to move and we’ve been linked previously. It just doesn’t make much sense, when it seems Praet is staying too. 

Another 44 league games to go, suspension and injuries.

The are lots of weeks with games Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, so being able to freshen things up is going to be important.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Depth to cover for Mavididi and KDH - which we don’t currently have

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We need starting XI players, spending a good chunk of our budget on a depth signing would be unwise when we need a new RW, CB etc.

So you are demoting Mavididi and KDH to backup then?

(edit The above is left for posterity but is a load of rubbish)

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you are demoting Mavididi and KDH to backup then?

I'm lost. 

I dont understand how anything he said implied that? 

He was suggesting we get a Right Winger because we don't currently have one at all and I'm guessing he wants to see Vestergaard replaced in the starting line up. 

He's saying he'd rather we do those things than bring in Chair to be cover? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm lost. 

I dont understand how anything he said implied that? 

He was suggesting we get a Right Winger because we don't currently have one at all and I'm guessing he wants to see Vestergaard replaced in the starting line up. 

He's saying he'd rather we do those things than bring in Chair to be cover? 

My bad, sorry @honeybradger I totally took that the wrong way  (Work really gets in the way of my FT experience sometimes  :rolleyes: )

• Haha 1

I think the notion of 'back up' players is incorrect with Enzo. Mancitylite means a squad of players  that we can pick a rotating team from, and switch to suit different opponents. They should all understand their position in 'the system' and they will all play. Development squad should all be coached the same - they are the back up in case of injury, and ready to step up. Isn't this what Seagrave was supposed to be about? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If we sign him and don't do an announcement video with the headline "don't sit down cos we've signed iliac chair" the entire media department need sacking.

That like a special chair just for your abdomen? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

No point in that as we would be 2nd behind them in the league and have the disappointment of losing cup finals like the champions league. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Claridge said:

No point in that as we would be 2nd behind them in the league and have the disappointment of losing cup finals like the champions league. 

Be happy to cross that bridge as and when  lol