Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ilias Chair

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Considering this guy is also saying Sangare (who plays for PSV) is one of our potential outgoings, can probably take this with a pinch of salt ha

Probably confused with Soumare.

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

What do you call a chair in a suit? A tux-seat-o

Mate you’re expecting people to find that amusing?  I mean it is, but…….

I post literal genius just above and it’s fuching crickets. Wasted here. Too cultured. Too mature. Too posh. Right, I’m off for a shit. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This would be nice business. LW we don't have many options and he is also equally adept playing as a 10 or even an 8.

If the option was McAtee on loan with no option to buy or Chair on a permanent for £6-8m then I'd be torn on what's best for us.

I think I'd opt for Chair simply because I'd hope he can learn and develop under Enzo and take that into the PL (if we go up), whereas with McAtee we'd be needing a replacement for not only him, but possibly Casadei too. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This would be nice business. LW we don't have many options and he is also equally adept playing as a 10 or even an 8.

If the option was McAtee on loan with no option to buy or Chair on a permanent for £6-8m then I'd be torn on what's best for us.

I think we'd have a reasonable chance getting McAtee on a perm if we got promoted. At very least, a second loan with an option.

For all of Man City's noise they sell almost every single young player. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think we'd have a reasonable chance getting McAtee on a perm if we got promoted. At very least, a second loan with an option.

For all of Man City's noise they sell almost every single young player. 

Annoying thing is we were desperate for him when he only had a few months left on his contract a couple of years ago, properly went for him but he opted to sign a new deal at Man City.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If the player in question is to replace a departing Wilf, then I’d edge towards McAtee.

Played plenty of times in a ‘8’ role under Maresca for Man City U21, Maresca also used him as an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 and even played him out wide a few times.

If we still needed a LW, then Chair would be a must buy. Already getting Mavididi in the door though, you thoroughly expect him to remain first choice. McAteer & Marcal have already proved this season that they are adequate options. 

You could put Chair as an ‘8’, but I think he’s far better as a ‘10’ or off the left. I’d be more comfortable with McAtee coming in as competition for the ‘8’ spots, as Maresca has played him there numerous times in the past, while he also played that kind of role for Sheff Utd numerous times last season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Annoying thing is we were desperate for him when he only had a few months left on his contract a couple of years ago, properly went for him but he opted to sign a new deal at Man City.

Yeah but can't blame a kid his age for being ambitious and he's extremely local too isn't he. At that age he'd never have been starting for us back then with Madders and Youri around. Made sense for him to turn us down. Bit different if we're offering him the main role a few years later.