Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Tielemans to Villa

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Heard a few people say that he's fat, but he seems alright?..

Yeah, I'm done with the football part of the forum until the next season starts. So much toxicity, revisionism, personal attacks, distorted facts portrayed as truths going on. I don't have time for that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Pretty crazy to think that at CM, they have Luiz, McGinn, Kamara and Tielemans and they paid about 17m all in on transfer fees...

Add Ramsey to that too and the 17m doesn't change :)

• Like 1

I think if this was a player who had ambitions to remain at the level he has been at, then fine.

As has been said, the reason this reflects poorly on him is because he was clearly touting himself to CL clubs and thinking he was too good for us playing in the Europa League and Conference League, only to join Villa who are far from guaranteed to even achieve what we have whilst he has been with us! That’s why the ‘oh they have Emery’ and ‘oh it’s close so he doesn’t have to move’ is rubbish as this was clearly not a factor before. Villa wouldn’t have even been on his radar until now I wouldn’t imagine.

I just hope they don’t actually win anything and don’t achieve close to what we have.

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just shows you it was all about money rather then ambition.

Or it just shows you that nobody better than Villa wants him. It's not like he's choosing Villa and the money over a higher up offering a lesser wage. None of the elite want him.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

The real ones know how much of a beast he was in football manager games as a 15/16 year old you’d sign on loan from Anderlecht. 

18 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The real ones know how much of a beast he was in football manager games as a 15/16 year old you’d sign on loan from Anderlecht. 

If you REALLY want to talk about beasts of football manager games…

IMG_0903.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Guest Mee-9
43 minutes ago, MPH said:

If you REALLY want to talk about beasts of football manager games…

IMG_0903.jpeg

How about Freddy Adu?

5 hours ago, Ricey said:

I wonder if we’d stayed up whether he’d still have gone.

It should be a warning sign to all those players intending to wind their contracts down to force a move to a bigger club. It’s obvious that his refusal to commit to us has effected his performances, which in turn have seen him go from being linked with some of the biggest clubs in the world to having to make do with Aston Villa.

Well played Youri.

...totally not the case, whether he was still under contract or not, the performances would still be the same!!!

Lots of rumours about being on Arsenal's list but nothing happened. Any club picking him up to perform at a certain level are going to be disappointed, he is not capable of that. He had a stellar loan period, in his first contracted season he was operating below that level, when he needs to show up he will, it just does not last.

5 hours ago, Scotch said:

Pretty crazy to think that at CM, they have Luiz, McGinn, Kamara and Tielemans and they paid about 17m all in on transfer fees...

From what a Villa fan told me the first three are probably the highest paid in their squad. Kamara came with a huge signing on fee. 

If there was competition for him, I’d be a bit concerned as a Villa fan he’s joined them for ease of his lifestyle over other competing clubs. 

Ultimately that’s his decision but I do wonder if Youri really had ambition and drive, he’d have been asking for a move for three years ago but instead he took duff advice from his agent. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

If there was competition for him, I’d be a bit concerned as a Villa fan he’s joined them for ease of his lifestyle over other competing clubs. 

Ultimately that’s his decision but I do wonder if Youri really had ambition and drive, he’d have been asking for a move for three years ago but instead he took duff advice from his agent. 

...I really do not believe it was driven by his agent!!!

A lot of people appeared to be pulled into this Youri is a good guy, butter wouldn't melt... He is the one driving all this, he knows exactly what he is doing, and we keep buying into it.

He's a player who came in on loan and and everybody fell in love with and demanded we sign on a permanent deal. When we played well he stood out as he played well when we played crap he stood out because he played crap. He doesn't deserve all this hate hes getting yes he seemed unfit/lazy some games but he was a key part of possibly our best ever midfield (Wilf Youri Maddison) we were all jizzing in our pants when he slammed the goals in against Wolves and Everton good luck to him. players come and go. Thanks for the memories and the FA cup goal.now we move on.

• Like 1