Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Tielemans to Villa

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Hold up!

Aston Villa are interested in signing Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire, 30, this summer. (Football Insider)

Maybe not...

In the right system, he’s a steady player. He’s an improvement on Mings!

14 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

He would do well in Italy with his walking style of football.

It's not the 1980s anymore, the Italian league requires pressing of its midfielders just like everywhere else. Tielemans was slaughtered as being too slow in French football and the Italian league is of a higher standard,, we saw how poor Aaron Ramsey was when he went there from English football too, not sure why people are convinced Tielemans would do well there. He'd be lucky to make the bench at a squad as good as Roma.

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It's not the 1980s anymore, the Italian league requires pressing of its midfielders just like everywhere else. Tielemans was slaughtered as being too slow in French football and the Italian league is of a higher standard,, we saw how poor Aaron Ramsey was when he went there from English football too, not sure why people are convinced Tielemans would do well there. He'd be lucky to make the bench at a squad as good as Roma.

He wouldn't be lucky to make the bench at Roma at all, have a look at their matchday squads, he's been poor for a while with us but that's a ridiculous statement.

• Like 1

People don't half talk some crap. He'll do well in any decent team who play in a way that suits him and that he suits. Just like he did well in our team when we were decent. He's a classy player; he just needs some legs and some bite alongside him. Without that he doesn't get much chance to be good. As we saw when we stopped being a decent team. He's not the rock you build a team on. He's more the cherry on top. If you've got a good cake, he can make it special.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 13:02, SB87_LCFC said:

Would Roma go for Youri after signing Aouar on a free? Have they lost some midfield players? 

They're very much different players and quite possibly both better than what they are already have.

I personally think they're thinnest in quality in the middle of the park. I'd take an on-form Tielemans over Christante in a play making sense, although Christante is better defensively. Pellegrini is class but has an inconsistent injury record and is linked away every summer. I imagine Aouar is more for cover / rotation option with Pellegrini (or maybe to replace him if sold.) Again, I'd take an in form and fit Tielemans over Aouar when it comes to actually running the game from 8.

A midfield of Christante and Tielemans sat behind Pellegrini with Aouar and Matic as options off the bench would really sure things up for them. They don't currenty have great depth there. Both in on frees lets the maybe invest in an actual quality 9 for once. Abraham has been shit since his purple patch ended and Belotti just isn't prolific. Would be a lot of service for a good finisher with Dybala, Pellegrini, Tielemans, Zalewski, Spinazzola and Christante setting them up

Edited by Finnegan

On 05/06/2023 at 14:23, Sharpe's Fox said:

Completely changes my view on him if this comes off. I would initially of thought that the running down of his contract here was a clever way of ensuring you can choose a bigger club without restriction to whom you can join. If this is true then it turns out it was a lazy way of ensuring you can bag yourself the biggest package possible whilst still being comfortable at a middling club.

I think his standard of play and effort over the last couple of years has ended any thoughts he may have had of playing for a so called 'big club' for the time being (unless its abroad somewhere where the pace of the game is quite a bit slower).

I also remember one Belgian newspaper paper giving him 3/10 and voting him their worst player in the World Cup. I don't see how anyone can think him a legend or decent player for us bar the admittedly odd cracker of a goal or great, but infrequent excellent pass. You reap what you sow. After initial flurries at Monaco and Leicester he appears to go stale quite quickly.

I personally think that Villa, a team admittedly on the up with a good manager, could do a lot better despite him being on a free.

• Like 1

is it tho? hes playing european football and doesnt have to uproot his family either

dont get me wrong, annoying we didnt make any money from flogging him but it is what it is

plus it shows what moronic idiots the higher ups have been the last 2 yrs

Edited by FrankieADZ