Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Tielemans to Villa

11 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah, playing in Europe for one of the biggest teams in the country under one of the best domestic European managers ever. Bet he’s gutted.

Biggest teams in Europe. Are you sure about that mate?

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah, playing in Europe for one of the biggest teams in the country under one of the best domestic European managers ever. Bet he’s gutted.

Playing for a club that qualified for the europeon conference league, with let's be honest, a slim chance of finishing top 4 anytime soon, and far from guaranteed to consistently playing in Europe in the coming seasons either.  Two seasons ago he would have been thinking he would be joining a club that was consistently playing in the Champions league, so from a playing perspective, yes I expect he is a bit gutted.

• Thanks 1

Villa is a decent move. They have historically attracted bigger names than we have, they're in Europe and probably have a larger fan base. It's a step up albeit not a big one.

• Like 1

Only has himself to blame for not bagging himself a bigger move, his lazy performances throughout last season have clearly cost him a move to one of the more elite sides in Europe’s top five leagues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Villa is a decent move. They have historically attracted bigger names than we have, they're in Europe and probably have a larger fan base. It's a step up albeit not a big one.

And certainly not a step up from when he refused to sign new contract 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

World class Tielemans club list: Monaco, Leicester and Villa. If the fat shit is world class and we were “privileged” to have him, I’m signing for the next Saudi Arabian team. 

I get people are disappointed with the season, but don't resort to personal insults. 

He's not even done anything as infuriating as Mahrez did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wonder what his s/o fee is 

and also wonder if he has a release clause 

Well it's 31.5m over 4 years so imagine if there is a release clause it will be around 25m ISH 

Signing on will be massive though 

I wonder if we’d stayed up whether he’d still have gone.

It should be a warning sign to all those players intending to wind their contracts down to force a move to a bigger club. It’s obvious that his refusal to commit to us has effected his performances, which in turn have seen him go from being linked with some of the biggest clubs in the world to having to make do with Aston Villa.

Well played Youri.

1 minute ago, lcfc043 said:

And certainly not a step up from when he refused to sign new contract 

Yes, it is. I really do not see what people's problem is with the contract. He's entitled not to renew, end of story. Loads of players do it too, this is a complete non-story.

Izzet left us on a free, remarkably under not so dissimilar circumstances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Yes, it is. I really do not see what people's problem is with the contract. He's entitled not to renew, end of story. Loads of players do it too, this is a complete non-story.

Izzet’s performances never dipped and he never threw the towel in. Not a comparison.

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Err Izzet stayed with us when relegated and got us promoted and never phoned it in.

I don’t begrudge Youri a move but let’s be honest he had been angling for a move for ages.

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I wonder if we’d stayed up whether he’d still have gone.

It should be a warning sign to all those players intending to wind their contracts down to force a move to a bigger club. It’s obvious that his refusal to commit to us has effected his performances, which in turn have seen him go from being linked with some of the biggest clubs in the world to having to make do with Aston Villa.

Well played Youri.

It's obvious his performances have suffered - like nearly everyone else - this season. 

I have no idea how anyone can say with any authority that his contract situation is a contributing factor. 

If anything, it should've been a catalyst to perform better to increase interest, so I really do not get the logic behind pointing out his contract situation.