Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Who's Calling Out Brendan?

We've all seen the shite Rodgers' media friends have been spewing since we got relegated. Journalists and pundits saying he wasn't backed or that we would have stayed up if we didn't sack him. 

Has anyone seen Rodgers called out or blamed in the media yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He wasn't backed last summer but talk about throwing your toys out of the pram. A good manager wouldn't have let this out to the media but he pretty much slated the squad which I'm convinced was the reason for our abysmal start to the season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danizen said:

We've all seen the shite Rodgers' media friends have been spewing since we got relegated. Journalists and pundits saying he wasn't backed or that we would have stayed up if we didn't sack him. 

Has anyone seen Rodgers called out or blamed in the media yet?

They’re not wrong though are they? Rodger’s wasn’t backed however that’s not to say he did an amazing job in the end

1 hour ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Only Simon jordan that I’ve seen that’s really gone in on Rodgers 

Simon Jordan goes in on anyone but he's far from qualified to speak about clubs considering he ran Palace into the ground.

9 minutes ago, shailen said:

He wasn't backed last summer but talk about throwing your toys out of the pram. A good manager wouldn't have let this out to the media but he pretty much slated the squad which I'm convinced was the reason for our abysmal start to the season. 

If I was called not good enough by a manager who was a fourth rate footballer himself , I would be pissed off. The ever present danger of non playing managers like Rodgers.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If I was called not good enough by a manager who was a fourth rate footballer himself , I would be pissed off. The ever present danger of non playing managers like Rodgers.

Just looked at his playing career, I never realized he'd played for such illustrious clubs as Newport isle of wight.

No wonder the players ended up without a care. Ffs someone that only ever played park football telling you you're shite. 

They should have tied him up and dropped him in the soar.

• Thanks 1

Guest Mee-9

Simon Jordan is the best and realist sports broadcaster out there.

He said a few weeks ago he and Brendan do get on, and that he will be on White and Jordan soon to talk about his time at Leicester.

But he has been very critical and has been fantastic in what he has said.

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

BR will be waiting in the wings for the managerial sackings that usually happen between August and Christmas.

Thats his best bet unless he's back at Celtic. 

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It's the fact he kept banging the drum to the media all summer and for the first 10 games or so. Created a toxic environment which created a confidence crisis and subsequently poor form. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

They won't have him, there'd be riots.

Wouldn't bet on that. I know it's a two-horse race up there but he did do fantastically well for them and I'm sure they would forgive and forget just to have that domination again.

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Wouldn't bet on that. I know it's a two-horse race up there but he did do fantastically well for them and I'm sure they would forgive and forget just to have that domination again.

Talksport spoke to a couple of fans this morning about the Postecoglu departure and they were both totally dismissive of having him back and they sounded like reasonable people. Some of the less civilised ones will be raging if that comes about. Also not sure he'd want a second stint. Probably thinks he's worthy of the top flight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

He can put all the PR spin out there he wants, the football people who matter know he's not up to the task at a big-six club. He was overlooked at Spurs for a reason. 

Over the next 10 years we'll see him come and go at various mid-table sides like Pardew / Hughes / Hodgson. He's found his level.

Forget about him and move on. The less said about him, the better. 

As you've mentioned, doesn't particularly matter what the media says or the PR spin.

Those making the decisions aren't sat listening to Talksport or Sky sports prior to making these appointments, Levy isn't going to put on change his mind appointing someone because Danny Murphy thinks they're past it.