Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Who's Calling Out Brendan?

On 17/06/2023 at 17:37, Legend_in_blue said:

What's this I hear about a portrait?  Apparently he has a huge one of himself in his house.  

It is one that was given to him as a gift by a charity that he had helped when he was at Swansea

• Like 1

Wonder how their supporters really feel about that?
So for all his ego and being too good for us, nobody else of consequence in the Premiership or abroad wanted him. He's merely skulked back from whence he came like last time he failed. His points tally there fell season on season but now Rangers are back, would be nice to see them win it this year and see if he comes up with the same old tired excuses ie everyone's  fault but his .😴

Oops, thought I'd have a quick look and it would appear that perhaps there won't be an ecstatic reception party, what a shame 🤣.

https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/would-you-accept-rodgers-back-as-manager.155690/

Edited by volpeazzurro

its amazing how many "football" fans still laud Rodgers and call him good etc,

dont get me wrong the first 18months were good but once thte cracks starting appearing, he tried to paper over them

if people took a hard look at the last 18months of BR's stay at leicester, they wouldnt call him an elite manager at all,

5 tiers of managers imo,

Elite

Good

Average

Poor

Shit

and at times BR goes from the higher end of average to the lower end of good

and going back to Celtic is perfect for him, he wins things there, gets his rep back up and brand Brendan can try and flog his name to another prem club 3/4 yrs down the road

Edited by FrankieADZ

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wonder how their supporters really feel about that?
So for all his ego and being too good for us, nobody else of consequence in the Premiership or abroad wanted him. He's merely skulked back from whence he came like last time he failed. His points tally there fell season on season but now Rangers are back, would be nice to see them win it this year and see if he comes up with the same old tired excuses ie everyone's  fault but his .😴

Oops, thought I'd have a quick look and it would appear that perhaps there won't be an ecstatic reception party, what a shame 🤣.

https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/would-you-accept-rodgers-back-as-manager.155690/

It's like reading the old Brendan Rodgers thread. It seems like Celtic fans has the same impression of Rodgers as we have here. 

"No, don’t like him as person and don’t rate him as a coach.
He has successfully fooled many people into thinking he’s a top coach. And made a tidy little fortune for himself in the process. Fancy Dan, but an empty suit."

• Like 1

He'll obviously try to spin a return to Celtic as a positive career move, but we all know the truth - it's a humiliating retrograde step for a manager with a reputation so badly tarnished by relegation that none of the major Premier League clubs will touch him. 

On 16/06/2023 at 12:26, UniFox21 said:

I think this appointment says all that needs to be said. 

The man has gone from being sort out by spurs, arsenal and linked as Peps successor. Let's not forget that 2 big clubs have recently appointed managers and he wasn't touted. 

Very apparent that whilst there hasn't been the criticism in the media we want to hear, behind closed doors there's clearly been a huge drop in profile 

I find it funny that the narrative when he was still with us was "Leicester have to keep him, elite manager, will keep them up, etc etc etc" but those same people were absolutely anonymous when there's been so many management vacancies, I don't actually recall hearing anyone say "Spurs should go for Brendan".

I would have thought that journos would take note of fans opinions. We watch the team week in week out. We know what goes on. If the vast majority of fans think BR is to blame then he probably is..

meh I reckon hes only going to Celtic cos he knows its an easy win win for him, no effort

Theres a couple of pundits that have called him out, (Jordan and that brummy twat)  but thats about it

everyone else is sukcing his a$$ saying it was the clubs fault and not his

reckon i will be a Rangers fan too next season