Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Who's Calling Out Brendan?

2 hours ago, Danizen said:

We've all seen the shite Rodgers' media friends have been spewing since we got relegated. Journalists and pundits saying he wasn't backed or that we would have stayed up if we didn't sack him. 

Has anyone seen Rodgers called out or blamed in the media yet?

Is it the the emptiness of this time of year and knowing a champo season is coming, or do you wish we had his status to bring us back to the big time that prompted yet another rodgers thread

Headline in one of the tabloids was "forgiven and forgotten" or words to that effect re the notion of Rodgers returning to Celtic but I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. His Celtic return is probably just paper talk, tied in with Postecoglou leaving there at the present time. Now that the Tottenham gig has gone, ironically to the latest Celtic boss then apart from Palace then there won't be other Prem. clubs available for him to step into now unless, as others have suggested he continues to bide his time and wait for the inevitable one or two Prem. managerial casualties between September and Christmas, although I know there was a bit of unrest at Wolves at the last count re the manager's future there. That said I can't see such a turn around in Prem. managers next season as there was last season, which was total madness! 

The owners of clubs and their top staff didn't get where they are from not being able to see the through used car salesman bullshit. Rodgers is no match for them and a busted flush. His only route back is consistent good performance. That will repair his reputation . Although the spectacularness of his failure probably will exclude him from  the top table.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I can't see the point in harping on about Rodgers, he's gone and some will say not before time.

The thing is we all know there were several aspects to our demise from the Board to the players. Move on!!

Your right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Is interesting that he did seem to be totally overlooked for Spurs. He's got mates in the media but I think clubs have cottoned.

The clubs he wants to manage have. He believes he is elite.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Is interesting that he did seem to be totally overlooked for Spurs. He's got mates in the media but I think clubs have cottoned.

Clueless pundits will keep putting his name forward but his disastrous final season with us has tarnished his reputation.

Here’s the harsh reality. Football’s moved on. Football is onto its next story. Our relegation was it for a couple of days and then it was into a Cup Final. 

People get too pissy that the media ignores stories etc. but ultimately they just follow what their readership want to read or listen to and the general neutral is done with Brendan Rodgers’ time at LCFC. 

Equally the people what make decisions at football clubs will be aware that he’s followed a pattern of his career in his last three clubs. West Ham is his job if they move Moyes on. 

Edited by CosbehFox

9 hours ago, Guy said:

Headline in one of the tabloids was "forgiven and forgotten" or words to that effect re the notion of Rodgers returning to Celtic but I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. His Celtic return is probably just paper talk, tied in with Postecoglou leaving there at the present time. Now that the Tottenham gig has gone, ironically to the latest Celtic boss then apart from Palace then there won't be other Prem. clubs available for him to step into now unless, as others have suggested he continues to bide his time and wait for the inevitable one or two Prem. managerial casualties between September and Christmas, although I know there was a bit of unrest at Wolves at the last count re the manager's future there. That said I can't see such a turn around in Prem. managers next season as there was last season, which was total madness! 

...I previously said that he would not look to go to Spurs, Daniel Levy would not allow him to get away with what he had done whilst here!!!

I also said the Crystal Palace is perfectly set up for him to walk in there. Just like a cuckoo, he walks into someone else's home and makes himself at home, Palace's house, is well furnished.

After a while, the nest starts to become threadbare, as he has not been maintaining it and he has no idea what to do when it needs to be rebuilt.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Simon Jordan is the only person in football media that I can see who says it how it is. He's in the middle of the groupthink of boy's club ex-player pundits and bedroom Youtubers with all the gear but no idea.

Quite right.

• Like 3