Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 23/24

19 hours ago, Nalis said:

I'm going to go against the grain a little as I'm not a fan of pile ons when the person in question isnt being nasty.

To give him historic, but currently irrelevant dues, he had a good Euros 2 years ago and was a solid back up/league cup keeper for a year or two.

Yes he was obviously awful this season of course but its not his fault he was picked as number 1 for so long and it's not his fault he was nowhere near good enough as a first choice premier league keeper and his confidence is obviously so shot that he doesnt look even look League 1 standard now.

It would be best for all parties if he went but who tf would will buy him?

Chances are we'll have Iversen as number 1 which I'm alright with anyway.

Agree. It's another one you can pin on that elite manager. Rodgers is a destroyer of players and teams. (I've got to let it go)

Not sure where to put this but the absolute state of this from Southgate! :mad:

2h ago15:41

'The players are tapping each other up!' - Southgate on transfer speculation

England manager Gareth Southgate has joked that the squad have been "tapping each other up" over potential transfers during the international break.

The rumour mill is in overdrive just a week into the window and England stars like Declan Rice and Harry Kane have been some of the most talked about names. 

Southgate has been doing his best to keep the players' minds on their qualifiers against Malta and North Macedonia, but admits he can only control so much. 

"I haven’t felt the need to say anything," said Southgate. "The players are tapping each other anyway on the quiet, so I can’t do anything about that. 

"What I have said is that these things run their course. They happen in their own time. You can’t force it as a player. 

"Don’t get frustrated, don’t be asking all summer. You don’t need to be updated on every call that happens.

"I remember, as a player, getting wrapped up in every detail but in the end there’s only a small amount you can actually control."

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not sure where to put this but the absolute state of this from Southgate

Let's be fair here, what's he said or done that's wrong? 

He's said he can't do anything about it or control it. Which is right, no? 

He can't physically stop players talking to each other about their own club business. He can't monitor each conversation. And let's be honest, it's happened for ages way before he was on the scene as England boss. It must happen on every international duty for each country. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Let's be fair here, what's he said or done that's wrong? 

He's said he can't do anything about it or control it. Which is right, no? 

He can't physically stop players talking to each other about their own club business. He can't monitor each conversation. And let's be honest, it's happened for ages way before he was on the scene as England boss. It must happen on every international duty for each country. 

I never said that it didn’t happen before or that he can stop it or monitor each conversation did I? 

But if he’s there ‘joking’ about it, it feels like he’s glorifying it. And therefore encouraging it. 

Maybe you feel differently but it’s been a long standing frustration that when our players have been called up, we know this happens. Personally I’d like to at least see the manager try and discourage it even if ultimately he can’t stop it.

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not sure where to put this but the absolute state of this from Southgate! :mad:

2h ago15:41

'The players are tapping each other up!' - Southgate on transfer speculation

England manager Gareth Southgate has joked that the squad have been "tapping each other up" over potential transfers during the international break.

The rumour mill is in overdrive just a week into the window and England stars like Declan Rice and Harry Kane have been some of the most talked about names. 

Southgate has been doing his best to keep the players' minds on their qualifiers against Malta and North Macedonia, but admits he can only control so much. 

"I haven’t felt the need to say anything," said Southgate. "The players are tapping each other anyway on the quiet, so I can’t do anything about that. 

"What I have said is that these things run their course. They happen in their own time. You can’t force it as a player. 

"Don’t get frustrated, don’t be asking all summer. You don’t need to be updated on every call that happens.

"I remember, as a player, getting wrapped up in every detail but in the end there’s only a small amount you can actually control."

Don’t get yourself worked up about it. I bet it’s been happening for years.