Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

Retro kits

Just now, westernpark said:

Yeah but it’s the first one for them isn’t it. Would prefer the Joma one the year before with no sponsor on it, my one from that year looks like a crop top on me now.

After Fox Leisure all the kit manufacturers looked horrendous on our shirts until Puma. That period after Micky Adams got sacked is just awful in every single way. All my old programmes and season review DVDs need putting on a bonfire.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

After Fox Leisure all the kit manufacturers looked horrendous on our shirts until Puma. That period after Micky Adams got sacked is just awful in every single way. All my old programmes and season review DVDs need putting on a bonfire.

Yeah the sash one from 2003-2004 deserves to be remade without a work experience slipping on the keyboard and enlarging the sash like this season.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

JJB and Jako were next level shite

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

A very weird trio of shirts to release, I get why they’ve done it in terms of significance to the ownership but does anyone have any personal ties to these shirts? They aren’t exactly associated with memorable seasons, more the odd semi memorable moment. The 11/12 Burrda white effort is nice but I can’t imagine swathes were gagging for a re release lol 

Great to see Sol looking well though! 

15 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

On 11/11/2023 at 08:32, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Probably because it was the first King Power sponsored shirt. KPFC.

I was half joking when I said this but jesus. None of those shirts deserve a rerun.

Haha just realised who's modeling the home shirt 😎

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Haha 2

"Repowered" lol Fvcking hell man. 

I have this one still, it genuinely lasted ONE wash before everything started peeling off bar the badge. I didn't mind at the time as I thought the KP logo was an eyesore and Burrda was embarrassing. 

Pretty glad we can look upon this era with a bit of bleary-eyed fondness, but good lawd these were trash. 

Is it just me but do they look really off? Like fake versions of the proper kits. I know retro versions are often not 100% identical but these look really weird.

Maybe the originals were just baggier and these 'retro' versions are made to be better fits and that's where the discrepancy is hurting my brain.

Edited by ALC Fox