Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Adrián Bernabé

https://www.parmalive.com/mercato/i-tvparma-i-non-solo-vazquez-un-altro-big-in-partenza-bernabe-puo-finire-nel-mirino-del-leicester-209249

According to TVParma we are interested in Adrián Bernabé, as Maresca was the one who took him to Parma after meeting at the Man City academy. He supposedly wants him in the project to return to Premier League. Before he will play the EURO U21 (great showcase) with Spain.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

I am a little bit concerned that we are going to spend the summer chasing unrealistic targets and be left scraping the bottom of the barrel come the season start…

Have no fear, the next name listed in Transfer Talk is Jonathan Lewis. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Think is, are they unrealistic? One thing people have got to forget, is we’re not your standard Championship team. We should let really be in the league, (but that’s a conversation that’s been had and we don’t need to discuss again)…. The ambition will be to go straight up, and essentially walk the league…. The club will still have that pull, and with someone like Maresca, he’s likely to have respect because of his coaching background and where he has come from. He will have plenty of contacts in the game, and if he’s a respected coach within the footballing world then the players we go for,  will probably be aware of this. 

We’re a blue whale in a fish tank, and players will see that, especially young players. It could be a golden opportunity to snap up players that are probably not quite ready for regular premier league football, in terms of experience, but are more than ready for regular football at championship level, but have the quality to play in the premier league. 

I do see what you’re saying but, if being in the champ was of no consequence, then the likes of Madders and Barnes wouldn’t be leaving. Also,  it’s super super rare if prem teams are interested in the same players as a championship team that the player would choose a championship team. We will have a bit of an inflated opinion of Leicester, but it’s unlikely the young lad from Italy/ Spain who’s never even been to England will..

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

I do see what you’re saying but, if being in the champ was of no consequence, then the likes of Madders and Barnes wouldn’t be leaving. Also,  it’s super super rare if prem teams are interested in the same players as a championship team that the player would choose a championship team. We will have a bit of an inflated opinion of Leicester, but it’s unlikely the young lad from Italy/ Spain who’s never even been to England will..

Not sure if I agree with that. If we are going to be as sure as we can of promotion we have to be competing with clubs from the bottom half of the Premier League.

This  is the type of player I was hoping he would be bringing  in and others like it . I know absolutely nothing  about him . So when I say that  I mean it as  young hungry players that he’s had dealing’s with previously . Little  gems that perhaps Prem sides won’t take a punt on . 

• Like 2

Even if it ends up being true this is still "LaZy JoUrNaLiSm". Was his favourite player at Parma and is ex Man City so obviously we're going to sign him. 

Glover will have majority of targets already. Highly doubt we're going to go and sign a bunch of players that quickly just because Maresca wants them. 

Parma fans absolutely adore him. Seen a fair few comments about Maresca and the biggest positive is bringing him to them. 

Would be a huge move for us. 🤞

Problem is, papers always jump on links like this as they know they are believable. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Even if it ends up being true this is still "LaZy JoUrNaLiSm". Was his favourite player at Parma and is ex Man City so obviously we're going to sign him. 

Glover will have majority of targets already. Highly doubt we're going to go and sign a bunch of players that quickly just because Maresca wants them. 

I really hope brendan hasn’t permanently blocked us doing this though. If a manager knows a player well and has good judgement it more often than not works out. 

We wouldn’t have had ricardo without that puel link. 

In Marescas case as well, he’s been working with the best of the best. So if a players left a strong impression on him, you’d be fairly safe to assume they are very decent 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The type of arrogance that got us relegated.

naivety and arrogance are different things. 

Our club allowed Brendan to drill in a message of little old leicester when we shouldn’t have and it’s sad to see some fans accept that narrative. 

• Like 2

Wolves signed some players that would have looked out of reach when they were in the championship, notably Jota and Neves. I know that's because of the Mendes links but still, it shows there are quality players that can be convinced to join a Championship side.

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

naivety and arrogance are different things. 

Our club allowed Brendan to drill in a message of little old leicester when we shouldn’t have and it’s sad to see some fans accept that narrative. 

Bedfellows them two

2 hours ago, MPH said:

I am a little bit concerned that we are going to spend the summer chasing unrealistic targets and be left scraping the bottom of the barrel come the season start…

Jesus Christ mate let the process begin! We don’t need silly comments when the manager has only been here a week. Is it beyond the realms of possibility we might just take a wait and see stance before turning toxic? I honestly think some of our fan base need a bigger reality check than the board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The type of arrogance that got us relegated.

So you believe with our potential team and set up we’re your ‘average’ championship team?  That’s patently not true….  

You could equally say that not believing what we’re capable of achieving got us relegated…. His statement wasn’t hugely unreasonable 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

So you believe with our potential team and set up we’re your ‘average’ championship team?  That’s patently not true….  

You could equally say that not believing what we’re capable of achieving got us relegated…. His statement wasn’t hugely unreasonable 

But we said the same last year, our squad was too good, so it matters more than names on a team sheet, I am hopeful the ‘great reset’ to our mindset and belief has started with the introduction on Enzo.