Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KrefelderFox666

EFL Cup 2023/24

50 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Klopp can get away with but its interesting to see more and more managers call out the lack of atmosphere at grounds. Changes need to happen in this country, and it needs managers to get involved. 

It's happened for years though. Fergie called out Man Utd fans and how long ago was that? Mourinho did it and Pep has been saying it for a couple seasons now.

Pricing is horrific, and something needs to be done, but more people just treat going to games like theatre and waiting to be entertained. I think that's the issue with Man City now.

But every forum I look on has a thread about the lack of atmosphere, like we do.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Kinda frustrating that we could've had Boro v newcastle and Liverpool v Everton semi finals.

And now we'll end up with a Chelsea v Liverpool final...yawn.

Only issue is Newcastle would be in the final again. Liverpool v Everton would've been great over two legs though.

Big shame Chelsea v Liverpool wasn't a semi final, so that one of Middlesbrough or Fulham made the final.

Can't see past Liverpool though. Sure they'll be favourites.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's happened for years though. Fergie called out Man Utd fans and how long ago was that? Mourinho did it and Pep has been saying it for a couple seasons now.

Pricing is horrific, and something needs to be done, but more people just treat going to games like theatre and waiting to be entertained. I think that's the issue with Man City now.

But every forum I look on has a thread about the lack of atmosphere, like we do.

I do wonder if managers really understand that England is unique, the prices fans are charged, the fact that standing is still clamped down on in stadiums, that most grounds aren't allowed an end like they do abroad, that any type of fan organisation is either stamped out or heavily policed/stewarded, most countries don't have any of this.

I also wonder what the owners think.  Most owners abroad actually encourage fans to create colour and noise.  In England most only seem to care about the financial side of things.  The owners must hear the comments from their managers its happened numerous times over the years but what's been done?  Some have introduced safe standing areas...but to me are a waste of time given they're a bodge job of what safe standing is like abroad (and scotland)....that's really it.  I don't think the owners really care either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Middlesbrough lose their main striker a minute in against Chelsea. Nasty late tackle which landed on the ankle, no pen and the commentators saw no wrong. :blink:

In the speed of it all, I don’t think there looked anything wrong with it. If VAR was in play, that gets given as a penalty. 

15 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Middlesbrough lose their main striker a minute in against Chelsea. Nasty late tackle which landed on the ankle, no pen and the commentators saw no wrong. :blink:

BBC also saying Fernandez was pushed by a Boro player just before the incident too .

Commentators keep mentioning how surprised they are Howson gave it away too; a player at the height of his career who was an average player for Norwich, tonight up against sugardaddy regen-wonderkid FC.