Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

8 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Don’t get why we would be waiting for Evans to tie this one up. If Evans is chatting to other clubs to see what they have on offer, I would be withdrawing the offer and cracking on with players 100% committed 

We’re not. It’s a daft suggestion. The delay will be because we haven’t agreed terms with Man City. 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We’re not. It’s a daft suggestion. The delay will be because we haven’t agreed terms with Man City. 

But we have, it's a reported loan deal with no option to buy. Unless reporters jumped the gun on this.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But we have, it's a reported loan deal with no option to buy. Unless reporters jumped the gun on this.

Or we could be trying to convince them to let us have him permanently?

Edited by LestaLad

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It may have been agreed at one point, but things have changed. Maybe - as others have suggested - we've decided to push again to try to make it a permanent move but haven't yet agreed a fee? Or maybe the player himself has had another offer?

But surely this idea that the Doyle and Evans situations are connected has to be nonsense? Doyle is a young, left-sided centre half who Maresca knows well and has clearly told the club he wants; Evans is a quality but ageing, injury-prone player who would be good to have around as back-up but clearly will not be playing every week. Two completely different types of player in terms of what they would offer the squad. It's very difficult to believe it's an either/or with these two - just different signings, pursued independently of each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Why does it take our club weeks to get a loan in

Obviously down to selling club or player/agents holding out for better options. Deals can be done in hours on deadline day when everyone is happy that, it's the best option all round but during the window, it only suits them to drag it on and see what happens. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Obviously down to selling club or player/agents holding out for better options. Deals can be done in hours on deadline day when everyone is happy that, it's the best option all round but during the window, it only suits them to drag it on and see what happens. 

Ah yes I totally trust our club in this scenario. Like how we ended up with less wingers after the deadline than before it started :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Ah yes I totally trust our club in this scenario. Like how we ended up with less wingers after the deadline than before it started :ph34r:

I don't understand this response.... I wasn't defending the club. 

I was saying that the only people it benefits by dragging on is the player and the selling club so it makes sense that any delay is coming from that side...

Or the deal is done but the club just haven’t announced it as yet. Maybe there are other deals close to being announced or they are tying it in the official release of the away/3rd kit which is due this weekend. 

Last couple of days has been pretty quiet from the social media team and there has been little or no training content since the friendly against Peterborough so who knows who is training and if there are any 1st team squad members not involved as a result of imminent moves. Seems the club are keeping their cards very close to their chest. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

If I hear 'being announced tomorrow' again I am going to lose it.

Been hearing this had been done and medicals done for days now and nothing, why are the club so slow? 

They're waiting for a break in the weather. It has been raining a lot this week, in case you hadn't noticed...

Genuinely, I’ve heard it’s because the digital media team member who produces the videos has trapped her finger in the door causing pain and discomfort. As a result they can’t click the mouse, so they can’t produce a video. 

He is still say at Seagrave in the changing rooms with a shirt!