Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

56 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Right, I've decided, I'm standing down. Muscles have wasted away, toenails fallen off and my feet look like some random mushroom growing ona field of brown grass. I can't stand by any longer. 

STAND DOWN SOLDIER

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Well Charles just gone for £15m to Saints, so you can understand our reluctance for a permanent signing on that sort of fee 

Soton have already done three buys from Man City so they know the drill re buy back clauses etc

Doyle has four years left on his contract so it may be that us and Man City couldn’t agree a purchase structure 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Soton have already done three buys from Man City so they know the drill re buy back clauses etc

Doyle has four years left on his contract so it may be that us and Man City couldn’t agree a purchase structure 

I think this sounds feasible and could explain why it's been delayed. 

13 hours ago, inckley fox said:

GTF and Phillips were fringe players. Nuge was signed three years before promotion. KP was signed with a view to a coaching role. Of those you mentioned, all bar Oakley (who left before promotion) and Morgan were frees, so that fits in with what I was saying about us not especially investing (i.e. spending big bucks) on experience. The fees in the 1-2 years leading to promotion were saved for James, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Wood, Vardy, De Laet, Knockaert - all aged 19-25.

It's possible that we're going more for the Sven-era approach this time. Loanees and big name pedigree, to fit in with a possession-based game. It's worked for other clubs, and it may work for us, but there are some crucial differences between us and those that enjoyed success with that approach.

But we've only had two signings and, although time is marching on, we may well need 5 or 6 more. So my sneaking suspicion could well be wide of the mark. We'll see.

We bought Hammond and Morgan for fees. We needed experience in the spine of the team.

Acquiring Coady and Winks helps give us that as well. I don't really want to see anymore experienced players brought in and prefer the younger players like you suggest. The two signings we made are what we needed though what with all of Tielemans, Mendy, Evans and Soyuncu out the door.

5 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

How long does it take us to complete a loan deal!! Could have had a weeks training with the squad

Horrible feeling it’s not going to happen! Ideally he joins today and involved Saturday after two days training. 

• Haha 1

I’m just blindly hoping we’re still trying to negotiate a purchase rather than a loan, but I’m sure it’s a much less exciting reason than that. 

Read somewhere Rudkin drives such a hard bargain that it draws these negotiations out and Whelan regularly has to step in to get it over the line. 

12 minutes ago, les-tah said:

hopefully just minor detail like trying to secure a price after the season etc. id hate to be in a situation where we get promoted and we lost all our loans like forest did and had to start again with new players.

And then spend the summer signing 22 payers... I f-fin hope we do! This place will be like Gin Lane fueled by twitter links and adrenaline.

24 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

I’m just blindly hoping we’re still trying to negotiate a purchase rather than a loan, but I’m sure it’s a much less exciting reason than that. 

Read somewhere Rudkin drives such a hard bargain that it draws these negotiations out and Whelan regularly has to step in to get it over the line. 

Who I wonder was it got Vesty and Bertrand over the line??

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’d get this guy in, but I’m not Rudkin so he will probably get somebody from Southampton they don’t want. 

The longer we leave it the more likely that becomes. Part of the merry go round. 

Edited by Supergray22

10 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Been told it was a wheelchair for Bertrand and a Horsebox for Vesty.

We borrowed a box for Vestergaard from Windsor Safari Park which they use to transport their giraffes 

Edited by Solihullfox
Spelling

4 hours ago, fkas said:

We bought Hammond and Morgan for fees. We needed experience in the spine of the team.

Acquiring Coady and Winks helps give us that as well. I don't really want to see anymore experienced players brought in and prefer the younger players like you suggest. The two signings we made are what we needed though what with all of Tielemans, Mendy, Evans and Soyuncu out the door.

Yes, it depends I suppose on how these signings work within the context of the window as a whole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dnewty said:

All gone very quiet on this.

Strange one if both Percy and Fabrizio have got it wrong.

It can only mean one thing..... the club are waiting to announce him with the launch of the away kit! 

1 hour ago, dnewty said:

All gone very quiet on this.

Strange one if both Percy and Fabrizio have got it wrong.

Tbf I'm pretty sure Coady did his medical on a Thursday and we didn't announce it til the Saturday so I'd guess it'll be announced tomorrow. God knows why the club are so slow with it though.

9 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

Tbf I'm pretty sure Coady did his medical on a Thursday and we didn't announce it til the Saturday so I'd guess it'll be announced tomorrow. God knows why the club are so slow with it though.

Coady was due to his loan not being completed  until July 1st,