Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Nah he's destined for bigger than us. 

Other name, currently away with his club. Player is keen but unlikely to get him until after the season starts. 

Carney Chukwuemeka was mentioned as an alternative to Casadei, don't think he's too keen on coming back to the championship. 

Have we given up hope of Casadei now?

10 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Nah he's destined for bigger than us. 

Other name, currently away with his club. Player is keen but unlikely to get him until after the season starts. 

Carney Chukwuemeka was mentioned as an alternative to Casadei, don't think he's too keen on coming back to the championship. 

Amad Diallo

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Maybe Chelsea pulled the plug?

Maybe Poch wanted to have a look at him in preseason. The better he looks the more loan fee they can demand. I cant see him being in the first team squad so will end up somewhere on loan. 

18 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Player doesn't want to come, have to see if he can be convinced. 

Probably thinks he can make the Chelsea first team.

Gotta give him props for the belief in himself. Looking forward to seeing him on loan with us or another club though.

23 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I'd be all over us lining up with:

Hermansen 

Ricardo Faes Coady Doyle

Winks

Chukwuemeka KDH

Diallo       Vardy      Mavididi 

Aaron Ramsey from Aston Villa might be an option as an #8

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

...like a lot of skillful players who like to dribble, he does tend to make bad decisions as when to lay off a pass!!!

Too often getting caught or crowded out and not having the intelligence to release or play a switch ball now he has drawn players to himself. His lay offs are like after thoughts and mostly negative as he has run out of ideas.

It is his lack of awareness that lets him down.

• Like 1

Was expecting more movement on this by now. 

Unlikely to get finalised before we fly out. 

Once Barnes has gone we can expect the new round of midfield and attacking signings. 

Could do with a special talent on the right side :thumbup:

Seems to be a bit of a theme here. Can't imagine what it could be.

Player doesn't want to come, have to see if he can be convinced. 

Probably thinks he can make the Chelsea first team.

I can see why he'd think it - their midfield is threadbare now.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really hope we're clever enough to leave some staff in England to get transfers sorted and medicals done, rather than the whole process stall because we've gone chasing a few quid around the world.

Rudkin will struggle to miss the opportunity of looking uncomfortable standing next to Top in Thailand though.

You’d have to think it would be bordering on criminal if Rudkin fecks off to Thailand sporting his simping grin whilst fawning around Top when he should be focussing on what is 99% of his job as Director of Football

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really hope we're clever enough to leave some staff in England to get transfers sorted and medicals done, rather than the whole process stall because we've gone chasing a few quid around the world.

Rudkin will struggle to miss the opportunity of looking uncomfortable standing next to Top in Thailand though.

The recruitment team will be working 24/7 they're not going to stop because the first team squad have gone away. It's 2023 it'll all be done remotely anyway until physicals and contract signings. 

From the friendlies so far it seems Enzo is using more pacy, direct wingers on the left and slightly deeper wingers to play passes in behind to the striker or midfield runner on the right. This could just be out of necessity but I wonder if these are the profiles of wingers he wants for each side similar to Man City. Mavididi would definitely fit the bill as a pacy ball carrier much like Grealish on the left and could be very dangerous at this level. Man City use Mahrez or Bernardo Silva on the right who aren't as pacy but can unlock a defence with their passing/technical ability, so will be interesting to see if this is what he looks for when recruiting for that side.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Amad Diallo

we could get him before the season.

Given @Sambiasso description… i’d bet that the individual is the palace lad who’s name i won’t embarass myself trying to spell. 

Reason being is that palace are short for numbers and have been quite clear about hanging onto him until they’ve figured out a zaha replacement. 

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we could get him before the season.

Given @Sambiasso description… i’d bet that the individual is the palace lad who’s name i won’t embarass myself trying to spell. 

Reason being is that palace are short for numbers and have been quite clear about hanging onto him until they’ve figured out a zaha replacement. 

This the lad they signed from derby last summer your on about? 

23 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Direct replacement for Barnes purely from a goal celebration point of view.

But y'know, Archers makes sense.

...he reminds me a lot of Troy Deeney, his build and ability on the ball!!!

He can play RW or as a Striker. He is strong on the ball and an intelligent player.

It’s likely to be Diallo. Made was mentioned in the papers and lo and behold he signed. Diallo has played at this level, so I expect we will place a large bid for him. I’d like us to try and get Bob on loan for a season. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The recruitment team will be working 24/7 they're not going to stop because the first team squad have gone away. It's 2023 it'll all be done remotely anyway until physicals and contract signings. 

Insert the "is our fax machine working?" Comment.

I managed a superb Montpellier team on FIFA. Think I won the Champions League with them. Derby-born Mavididi was a player I inherited and he was a constant fixture in my side, despite me bringing in some serious attacking quality. Turned down big bids for the lad but he was going nowhere. My faith in him was repaid because he was a goal and assist machine from left midfield. Got called up for the senior France squad and deservedly so.

Halycon days. What a team I had. Paris who?