Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

27 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I can't see this happening. If a £7m bid has been made, I would think it'll be a premier league side. 

We've probably scouted and enquired, but Im not sure this will happen for us. 

Seems like it’s €7m… either way we’ve signed 2 players atm both around the 7m mark and I can’t see them being the last

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

You Seem to be very sure Burnley go down and Leicester get promoted if you wanted to bet on both of those things happening you can get 6/1 on bet 365.

Would you gamble your next career move on a 6/1 chance? 

I've already taken those odds. and I'm retired and comfortable because I bet with the odds. however, if you would like to take a personal bet I'm up for it ?

40 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I've already taken those odds. and I'm retired and comfortable because I bet with the odds. however, if you would like to take a personal bet I'm up for it ?

With Sheffield U and Luton in real tough financial spots, it gives Burnley a really good chance of staying up.  I already think they are comfortably better than Everton 

BT in Denmark report that City have made an offer and that Hermansen was left out of the club’s friendly against Swansea this week while negotiations took place. A deal is still being worked on.

offer €7m 

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

With Sheffield U and Luton in real tough financial spots, it gives Burnley a really good chance of staying up.  I already think they are comfortably better than Everton 

I'll take a bet that Everton stay up and Burnley go back down. Ok it seems a given that Luton and Sheff United are post-relegation candidates and it may be that Burnley goes on one of their two to three-season prem jaunts But to see Burnley as a better bet than us to succeed long-term in the prem is not how I or the bookies will see it. If not this year then certainly within two seasons we will be back in the prem and Burnley will be passing us by on the way down

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Partridge: "Right, ok. Iversen, Ward, Smithies, Stolarczyk, Odunze, Young. What does that say to you about Leicester City goalkeepers?"

Tony Hayers: "That there's too many of them."

Partridge: "That's one way of looking at it. Another is that people like them - let's buy some more."

Burnley has like 10 keepers and they’re now a premier league side, it’s worth a pop.

10 minutes ago, LVFox said:

When Steffan was linked I was all for Iversen being sold and Ward kept us backup.

If its Big Hermie then I'd love Iversen to be kept as a solid dependable alternative.

That doesn't make sense. 

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox

Looks a bit short but quality distribution....and yes I think under 6 ft 1 is small for a keeper...Still love him to be here though

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That doesn't make sense. 

In theory we know what we'd be getting with Steffan so can afford for a more clear number 1 and number 2.

A young keeper from Denmark is a risk, and one I'd like us to take, but Iversen as a backup would be perfect (Iversen may not agree)

if we do get this lad, then I suspect both Iversen and Ward will go, and we might either have Stolarczyk or Smithies on the bench

if we can sign MH for around £5mil and get £6/7m for Iversen and Ward, that would be good business imo

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if we do get this lad, then I suspect both Iversen and Ward will go, and we might either have Stolarczyk or Smithies on the bench

if we can sign MH for around £5mil and get £6/7 for Iversen and Ward, that would be good business imo

£6 for Ward is very optimistic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if we can sign MH for around £5mil and get £6/7 for Iversen and Ward, that would be good business imo

Just not sure on who or why anyone would stump up £6/7mill for Iversen? Didn’t highlight himself in glory at the top level, champ clubs aren’t likely to spend that on a keeper and European clubs at the level he belongs have even less money.

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Id hope Stolarczyk will get a quality loan move, he looks promising 

• Like 1

In line with our typical transfer policy of positional one in one out - we have 3 senior GKs currently, obviously.

If we've bid for a new GK to be our number 1 which it looks like. Surely one of, it not both Ward/ Iversen are close to an exit. I can't see us bringing in a GK before one leaving it's very unlike us.

Fortunately both Ward / Iversen want to be number one and play football, so this pushes them out - I see Iversen being sold and Ward being loaned as no one will buy.

1 minute ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Just not sure on who or why anyone would stump up £6/7mill for Iversen? Didn’t highlight himself in glory at the top level, champ clubs aren’t likely to spend that on a keeper and European clubs at the level he belongs have even less money.

Yeah it would be £5m max in my opinion which really is fine considering the players coming through and potentially in via transfer.