Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

1 hour ago, KFS said:

It’s the pass on the deck TO THE STRIKER for me. Absolutely buy this guy 

Some impressive distribution there, certainly better than anything we've seen for a long time. But let's be real, even in the second tier as we now find ourselves, the press in the English game is way more intense and most of those passes would be intercepted. Some unbelievable space afforded to Brondby's midfield in a lot of those clips.

He has one of those turned over and resulting in a goal, which he will, and the fans will be right on his back. Which would be undeserved, but inevitable.

I'm still in the gerrimin camp because I love the look of his skillset, but I give it til Christmas before he's got a sizeable chunk of the crowd calling for his head. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some thoughts from Danish fans:

Frederik Rønnov and Oliver Christensen were talents lauded as highly as Mads Hermansen not too long ago, and it took them a while before they got a chance to play in the Bundesliga.

I'm just saying, you shouldn't keep expectations too high for a player from the Danish league. You've seen it yourself with Viktor Kristiansen last season.

it really surprises me that he doesn't go to a top league.

Makes no sense. I see Iversen as a better goalkeeper than Hermansen. Surely Iversen can't live with being a reserve anymore?

For me I'm onboard this signing. Higher ceiling players are more exciting than steady eddies. Also I've seen enough of Raya, Sanchez, even Allison and Ederson to know that in the right team distribution makes all the difference.

Kasper prime example for us.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We will be taking Burnley's place next season so no they are not as attractive as us. Just because they are a promoted side and playing in the prem for probably one season doesn't make them a better prospect than us.

You Seem to be very sure Burnley go down and Leicester get promoted if you wanted to bet on both of those things happening you can get 6/1 on bet 365.

Would you gamble your next career move on a 6/1 chance? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Rather this than Steffan, if we were to sign him he'd cost similar money. 

More potential and heir to Kaspers throne.

Yep. Exactly the sort of profile we should be going for. Lots of upside and from leagues like this, Sweden, Belgium etc... you can still attract some of their better players as a big Championship club. Reasonable fees as well. What's not to love.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Lovely to see we are scouting the likes of Denmark for talent, so many hidden gems in the Scandinavian leagues.

Some of his stats from last season compared with Steffen’s spell at Boro...

Prevented Goals

Hermansen +1.54

Steffen -6.75

Clean Sheets

Hermansen - 5

Steffen - 10

Save Rate

Hermansen - 68.49

Steffen - 69.09

Saves With Reflexes 

Hermansen - 69.00%(2nd best in Superliga)

Steffen - 65.79%

Accurate Passes

Hermansen - 88.24

Steffen - 88.45

Accurate Lateral Passes

Hermansen - 98.02

Steffen - 98.07

Average Pass Length

Hermansen - 28.92

Steffen - 28.07

The question here is how does the Danish Superliga compare to the Championship in terms of level of play? But Brentford can answer this question for us, Norgaard, Sorensen, Jensen all did very well for them over the years AND stepped up into the Premier League.

Another big thing is that Steffen is currently injured and had surgery, which means he couldn't start right away. Another big plus in signing someone else.

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Partridge: "Right, ok. Iversen, Ward, Smithies, Stolarczyk, Odunze, Young. What does that say to you about Leicester City goalkeepers?"

Tony Hayers: "That there's too many of them."

Partridge: "That's one way of looking at it. Another is that people like them - let's buy some more."

Willy on the bench too!

Team full of keepers, you’ll never sing that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I think even Shepshed Charterhouse would turn their noses up at the prospect of signing Ward

fvcking useless 

that a  bit harsh. They’ve had to reinvent themselves  several times as a club and have struggled financially 

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Buy this lad for £5m, sell Iversen for a similar fee, see if we can get rid of Ward and head into next season with Hermansen, Stolarczyk and Smithies as our keepers.

Can’t expect Iversen in particular to be happy warming the bench in the championship when he’s already proved himself at this level.

Iversen can’t be happy no, but if Enzo has watched back last seasons games he can’t be happy how his goal kicks are a magnet to the sidelines! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Iversen can’t be happy no, but if Enzo has watched back last seasons games he can’t be happy how his goal kicks are a magnet to the sidelines! 

It’s not his long goal kicks - you won’t see many long goal kicks at all next season.  everything will be within thirty yard passes and it’s iverson’s decision making with the ball at his feet which is the issue - first touch is so important to give you the time to pick the right pass and give the recipient time to make their pass 

one of our biggest problems last season was playing out from the back with ward and then iverson - our outfield players simply had no time on the ball because of our keepers inability to play it sharp and pick the right pass.  Hence the laborious side to side stuff because the best we managed was defenders having the ball thirty yards from our goal with the opposition all goal side 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Is he better than Ward?

There are probably about 3 shits I’ve had in my adult life that would answer “no” to if I was asked the above question of them.

One of the reasons the kicking is so bad from all of the last seasons goalies is we have no target man. Barnes, Vardy and Tete/Madison never win a ball in the air as they're all midgets. Also the goalies never seem to be able to pass the ball past the first man and create a breakthrough. A new passing goalie will help with this.

• Like 1