Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

@moore_94isn't this reporter the same fella who started reporting about Kristiansen joining us?

Nah Percy was the first to report our interest about Kristiansen

But this guy did actually come out saying there were no concrete talks at the time and the fee would be higher than Percy had said which he was right about

• Like 1

This is more like it! Admittedly I’d never heard of him up until about an hour ago but all the write ups I’ve read along with the comments from Danish folk he sounds like he’d be a real coup… young with massive potential at a half decent fee exactly the sort of player we should be chasing! Also a Danish Fwiend to help Kristiansen settle and vice versa

3 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Admittedly never heard of him, but for the price, apparent ability with his feet and his age, it strikes me as a much better deal than going for Steffen. If we are looking for a new number one, this might well be the best fit. 

by all accounts its a better deal than steffan imo, plus more in terms of potential sell on as well

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

by all accounts its a better deal than steffan imo, plus more in terms of potential sell on as well

If Steffen was fit then I think it's about equal on par, but this lad has more potential that's for sure. It's crystal clear Maresca doesn't rate Iversen / Ward, I wouldn't be surprised if we go after another keeper and offload both.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

There You Go :ph34r:

For anyone that says we don't need to replace the Goalkeeping position, that video is the response. Look how many attacks he starts, it means passing back to the goalkeeper rather than being a negative, actually takes players out of the game and can open up space.

Whether it's this guy or not doesn't matter, point is someone that can so that is worth their weight in gold. It is transformative for the entire team.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Is he good at saving shots and commanding his area too, or just a good kicker?

From the Danish pages I’ve seen speaking about him it sounds like commanding his area is 1 of his weaknesses which worried him about dipping into the championship (a division he said he was far to good for)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12295329/Leicester-open-talks-5m-deal-Mads-Hermansen-Burnley-pulled-race.html

Leicester open talks over £5m deal for Mads Hermansen after Burnley pulled out of the race for Danish goalkeeper, 22, following James Trafford signing

Leicester City have opened talks with Brondby over a £5million deal for goalkeeper Mads Hermansen.

Mail Sport understands that the 22-year old has been targeted by Enzo Maresca who is eager to strengthen his keeper options.

Hermansen had emerged as a target for Vincent Kompany at Burnley prior to them moving for Manchester City's James Trafford who was also a Leicester target.

Maresca had also considered City's Zack Steffen but his ankle surgery means he is still recuperating.

Hermansen has been capped by Denmark at U21 level and drafted into the full squad as cover for Kasper Schmeichel. 

The goalkeeper won his caps as a senior player for his courty during last month's Euro 2024 qualifiers against Finland and Kazakhstan. 

As well as Burnley, Hermansen has previously been tracked by Everton, Fulham, and Bournemouth.

His current contract with the Danish side runs until 2025, but the club are believed to be willing to let the player go for the appropriate fee.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I am so bored of these kind of posts. Time for people to move on and accept we are, for the time being at least a championship club. 

Oh and guess what? If we are competing with Burnley for a player, they will win.

We will be taking Burnley's place next season so no they are not as attractive as us. Just because they are a promoted side and playing in the prem for probably one season doesn't make them a better prospect than us.

Some thoughts from Danish fans:

Frederik Rønnov and Oliver Christensen were talents lauded as highly as Mads Hermansen not too long ago, and it took them a while before they got a chance to play in the Bundesliga.

I'm just saying, you shouldn't keep expectations too high for a player from the Danish league. You've seen it yourself with Viktor Kristiansen last season.

it really surprises me that he doesn't go to a top league.

Makes no sense. I see Iversen as a better goalkeeper than Hermansen. Surely Iversen can't live with being a reserve anymore?

For me I'm onboard this signing. Higher ceiling players are more exciting than steady eddies. Also I've seen enough of Raya, Sanchez, even Allison and Ederson to know that in the right team distribution makes all the difference.

• Like 4