Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

40 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His level seems comparable to Kristiansen. Victor was thrown right into the deep end... some games he looked very good, others a bit lost. You can see his potential, but not the finished article. From the footage you can see of this guy, he seems very similar to that. I will say one thing though, his passing is absolutely phenomenal. If we don't sign a creative midfielder we can just puts Mads next to KDH instead! lol

Someone posted this before, but these passes are well worth seeing again:

I can't underestimate how important passing is if you are playing the Pep system. The keeper will take opposition players out of the game when we attack by either acting as an additional defender to pass to, or to be able to quickly make an incisive pass to a free man.

If we were in the Premier League, perhaps it would be a bit of a risky signing to be our no.1. For the Championship, this is exactly the type of signing I want to see. The sort of player who after a year of getting used to English football could become a top player.

Two footed too, by the looks of it! He’s the one isn’t he 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His level seems comparable to Kristiansen. Victor was thrown right into the deep end... some games he looked very good, others a bit lost. You can see his potential, but not the finished article. From the footage you can see of this guy, he seems very similar to that. I will say one thing though, his passing is absolutely phenomenal. If we don't sign a creative midfielder we can just puts Mads next to KDH instead! lol

I can't underestimate how important passing is if you are playing the Pep system. The keeper will take opposition players out of the game when we attack by either acting as an additional defender to pass to, or to be able to quickly make an incisive pass to a free man.

If we were in the Premier League, perhaps it would be a bit of a risky signing to be our no.1. For the Championship, this is exactly the type of signing I want to see. The sort of player who after a year of getting used to English football could become a top player.

Absolutely.    Iversen made some great saves, but didn't fit into our system.   

I know our system was questioning its own identity before Iversen

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

Danish journalist says he's passed a medical. Surely we've not actually got a deal done quickly?!

we take longer than any other club to announce a signing but can’t make stupid little videos like this. 

we’ll make 10 signings and all of their announcements are them just stood there with a kid holding their shirt straight

just bloody entertain us. You didnt get your marketing degrees to copy and paste you tarts 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

Danish journalist says he's passed a medical. Surely we've not actually got a deal done quickly?!

Seems well followed for a someone who seemingly solely reports on the Danish league. Probably legit. Excited about this one, the more I look into the kid the more promising he appears. The comments are not questioning the Journos judgement but asking why he is coming to us (too good for our level, we aren’t favourites for promotion in their opinion etc.) and not going somewhere higher in the pyramid. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Just watched that, the bloke that sits in front of me at the KP is going to have a heart attack. :D

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Seems well followed for a someone who seemingly solely reports on the Danish league. Probably legit. Excited about this one, the more I look into the kid the more promising he appears. The comments are not questioning the Journos judgement but asking why he is coming to us (too good for our level, we aren’t favourites for promotion in their opinion etc.) and not going somewhere higher in the pyramid. 

Always a good sign when those that watch him week in week out thinks that he is too good for us. 

It looks like the team is really developing to the manager's image with this guy, Coady and Doyle as ball players on the defensive line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Always a good sign when those that watch him week in week out thinks that he is too good for us. 

It looks like the team is really developing to the manager's image with this guy, Coady and Doyle as ball players on the defensive line.

Coady and Doyle - The Professionals

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Just watched that, the bloke that sits in front of me at the KP is going to have a heart attack. :D

The first time he takes up such an aggressively high position, the entire KP will shit themselves.

Love it though! Actually calms fears of lack of pace in our back line too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Two footed too, by the looks of it! He’s the one isn’t he 

38 minutes ago, majaco said:

Absolutely.    Iversen made some great saves, but didn't fit into our system.   

I know our system was questioning its own identity before Iversen

I feel very sorry for Iversen, he's a good keeper and he deserved a chance in the team way sooner than when he was given the starting birth last season. This surely spells the end of his time here, he deserves first team football. But the thing is that I think even if we stayed up, we would have brought someone in. Modern football has changed the role of multiple positions, most notably full backs, but goalkeeping has also changed a lot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I feel very sorry for Iversen, he's a good keeper and he deserved a chance in the team way sooner than when he was given the starting birth last season. This surely spells the end of his time here, he deserves first team football. But the thing is that I think even if we stayed up, we would have brought someone in. Modern football has changed the role of multiple positions, most notably full backs, but goalkeeping has also changed a lot.

I know it’s only ‘J’ but there’s sense in what he says: