Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Faes, Souttar or Vestergarde

Who is most likely to be first choice   

366 members have voted

1. 1. Who partners coady and doyle

• Souttar
    • Faes
    • Vestergarde
    • Another new signing

I like Souttar a lot but I don’t like the idea of him on the right of that three. With how high a line we’re going to play, I feel he’d get caught out more than Faes in the wide area that Ricardo steps out of.

Id love him in the middle but Coady has that position locked and rightly so for now. He looked like Dunk at Brighton yesterday, stood still, studs on the ball drawing the man, it was good to watch. 

Edited by Levi Port

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If Vestergaard stays I can see him playing a fairly big part for us this season under Enzo. He was the best passer in the team before, and he still is now. We should be dominating the ball at this level and he will be well suited to it. Especially against teams that lack pace on the counter, due to his obvious weakness (Rodgers played into his weaknesses and against his strengths imo). How many starts did he get under Rodgers? 10? If that. He is a popular scapegoat so I don’t expect many to agree. 46 games is a lot of games. 

I agree with you

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think Vestergaard and Souttar will both be highly suited to playing Coady's role haha. Can definitely see Coady struggling to win his spot back if he gets an injury

Technically and perhaps even tactically yes, but neither seem to have the element of leadership Coady brings

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If Vestergaard stays I can see him playing a fairly big part for us this season under Enzo. He was the best passer in the team before, and he still is now. We should be dominating the ball at this level and he will be well suited to it. Especially against teams that lack pace on the counter, due to his obvious weakness (Rodgers played into his weaknesses and against his strengths imo). How many starts did he get under Rodgers? 10? If that. He is a popular scapegoat so I don’t expect many to agree. 46 games is a lot of games. 

Couldn’t agree more, wouldn’t surprise me if he is the direct replacement for Coady when he is rested or injured, would suit him to be in that role that means effectively he is the central of a 3 out of posession so he isn’t exposed as for pace as much as he would if he was to occupy one of the outside berths. His range of passing is superb and will suit this style well. 

If we’re going to play a 3 you’d have to think we would utilise at least 2 more along with Coady and Doyle for the amount of games and to allow some rotation. For me it would be Souttar and one of the other two. I like the idea of a Vesty redemption story, I also don’t believe Faes was as criminally bad as many made out. Rather than the quality of player being the major issue last season I still believe it was the actual coaching and management of said players to utilise them effectively.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm actually willing to fight people over this, Souttar is faster than Faes. Ball player an'all. Get the feeling he's vastly under appreciated at Leicester already.

Neither Souttar or Faes are actually quick though. Can have the debate over who is the quicker of the two but I fancy my own chances against the pair of them in a race.

I don't like that we've only got one athletic centre back and he's 19 and on loan.

I can see us maybe utilising James Justin on the right of the three from time to time for that reason but lets see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Who partners coady and doyle?

Coady and Doyle are a great partnership but we will need someone to slot in and play the George Cowley role, in my humble opinion.

e944e7f7036efe97214eae265f7c9f00.thumb.jpg.5ac995ffc605d6cec78f548b06a26d54.jpg

Doyle = Faes, Cowley = Lee Bowyer & Bodie/Coady = Soyuncu with a haircut. This is all getting very confusing....

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Neither Souttar or Faes are actually quick though. Can have the debate over who is the quicker of the two but I fancy my own chances against the pair of them in a race.

I don't like that we've only got one athletic centre back and he's 19 and on loan.

I can see us maybe utilising James Justin on the right of the three from time to time for that reason but lets see.

We have a distinct lack of pace in the squad, it is a concern.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Lol seriously?

Not fully no. Obviously, it counts towards a lot, but people that live on something like opta stats it doesn’t show a full comparison to the actual player. 

If it did, we wouldn’t have scouts and only data analysis. Yes they both work hand in hand with each other, but stats give you a baseline of the type of player, not who the player is. Which is vital for good environments.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We have a distinct lack of pace in the squad, it is a concern.

I think this may catch us out at times. Enzo screams the type of manager that will preach “the ball moves faster than any man on the pitch”, whilst he would be right it’s gonna catch us out at times.

One thing I noticed though, is all the wingers @Sambiasso said we are interested in had a theme of being fast, direct and technically gifted.

• Like 1

id go  Souttar over  Faes on by a small margin they both are top tear for the championship , vesty wont f@uk off he will continue to cash his fat wage so might as well keep him as back up