Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Faes, Souttar or Vestergarde

Who is most likely to be first choice   

366 members have voted

1. 1. Who partners coady and doyle

• Souttar
    • Faes
    • Vestergarde
    • Another new signing

I personally really think it should be souttar but all 3 have drastically different pros and cons. 

Faes- Aggressive, forward thinking but sloppy with the ball and a complete bomb scare 

Souttar- solid in the air, body on the line defending but lacks a bit of pace

Vestergard - Great distribution but awful at everything else 

Probably prefer Souttar of the 3, but I do worry about his recovery pace in covering the space vacated by Ricardo

Problem is none of them have ever really regularly played on the right side of a back 3, or seem suitable completely suitable for what we need in that kind of role

Ideally we would sell Faes (bomb scare) and Vestergaard (shite)

Souttar back up to Coady in the centre

Sign someone a bit more comfortable in a right centre back role that is a bit more agile as the player that side is likely to have to cover a lot more from Ricardo being further forward / into centre mid

Edited by moore_94

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Souttar, a good ball player, menace from set pieces and cost 15mill. Him or Faes has to go and id vote Faes. 

Currently squad id go:

Hermansen

Coady Souttar Doyle

Ricardo Winks Ndidi Kristiansen

KDH

Vardy Iheanacho

That looks close , the Ndidi situation though needs to be monitored. If he plays better against Spurs and Liverpool , he should be given the chance.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Souttar isn’t mobile enough for me, especially as we’re likely to leave gaps with Ricardo moving into midfield frequently

Its a trade off between his height and presence against Fae's mobility. If Ndidi can find some form though , he and Winks should give him good protection.

I can still see Faes going tbh, think it will be Soutts and Coady as first choices, with Vestegaard hanging about as backup (although the preference to move Doyle to CB and play someone else on the left)

All I know is Souttar was very highly rated at this level, Faes is absolutely nothing to shout about and a big reason we came down, and JV has been one of the worst lcfc signings of all time, all things considered. 

So Souttar.

And ideally move the other 2 on.

With the current setup where the LB becomes a LCB in-possession, the LCB becomes a CB in a three and the RCB needs to push wider to cover the space vacated by Ricardo, I really struggle to see which of the three mentioned would be able to play the RCB role.

Both Souttar and Vestergaard would ideally play the role Coady plays. 
Think we’ll have to ship out two of them and bring in a new RCB.

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

All I know is Souttar was very highly rated at this level, Faes is absolutely nothing to shout about and a big reason we came down, and JV has been one of the worst lcfc signings of all time, all things considered. 

So Souttar.

And ideally move the other 2 on.

Faes isn’t a big reason we’re at this level, could you imagine where we would have been without him? 

I know he’s not amazing but not sure why he gets hate, he’s fine and has always put in effort. Far better than most last season.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For me I would actually rather play JJ in that position. But based off yesterday from the 3 I’ll say Souttar, don’t want Faes here anymore. I feel like he has an attitude problem.

a very fair point.  

Went for Souttar. Not the perfect candidate, but decent on the ball and I think his aerial strengths are going to be needed this season as a lot of teams are going to be limping the ball into our box from every set piece within 60 yards 

Faes is a liability not particularly sure what he is good at - gives away needless free kicks , poor in the air and not quick so get shot of him asap - would rather Souttar be first choice and Frankenstein as a back up 

• Like 1