Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa League 2023/24

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

What a ****ing surprise. :rolleyes:

And there's no shame in the result, De Rossi has absolutely revigorated Roma over the course of the last few months, they've got much better players than Brighton, a probably more expensively assembled squad and it was at an Olimpico that's been absolutely rocking recently. They're flying.

De Rossi graduated amongst the top of his class in what is basically Italy's school for managers, where he was partly tutored by De Zerbi who De Rossi (along with practically every other reputable manager) regards as a genius.

Why is what I said a “surprise”? What are you implying?

He is clearly a decent manager but I don’t get why he’s constantly linked with the likes of Liverpool. 

I’m pretty sure there is always shame in losing 4-0. Otherwise it’s a strange loser mentality. I definitely think there’s shame in losing 3-0 at Fulham, 4-0 at Luton and 6-1 at Villa.

Being considered a “genius” by another manager isn’t anything new. Pep used to bang on about Bielsa all time, didn’t stop him being sacked and Leeds relegated.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Seem to concede a lot, that’s now 7 this week. 

??

They've conceded more than 2 in a game only a small handful of times all season. 

Before the, admittedly horrendous, Fulham result they'd conceded a run of 1, 1, 0, 2, 1, 0, 2, 0 this calendar year in the league. 

They've conceded, give or take a goal, pretty much the same number of goals as every team from 7th to 14th in the league. 

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He did inherit Brighton from Potter though, claiming their highest position ever seems a bit unfair.

They do seem to play good football but it’s all attacking. Seem to concede a lot, that’s now 7 this week. 

I think it would be more unfair to take it away from De Zerbi given he arrived in September and was in charge for 32 of their 38 games. They also finished three places and 11 points better off than they had under Potter the previous season, which I mention not to discredit Potter or the job he did at Brighton, rather to emphasise that De Zerbi definitely took them up a level. It's hardly unusual for non-elite teams to struggle to balance Europe and domestic football but they've not been anywhere near relegation like e.g. West Ham were for much of last season with a much more experienced manager and much more expensive team. If he does get a "big" move then I think he'll have earned it personally.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think it would be more unfair to take it away from De Zerbi given he arrived in September and was in charge for 32 of their 38 games. They also finished three places and 11 points better off than they had under Potter the previous season, which I mention not to discredit Potter or the job he did at Brighton, rather to emphasise that De Zerbi definitely took them up a level. It's hardly unusual for non-elite teams to struggle to balance Europe and domestic football but they've not been anywhere near relegation like e.g. West Ham were for much of last season with a much more experienced manager and much more expensive team. If he does get a "big" move then I think he'll have earned it personally.

Spot on.

• Thanks 1

Brighton will now fade into obscurity since they didn’t give any of this a proper go like we did. Just as predicted and just as the power 6 like it. 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Brighton will now fade into obscurity since they didn’t give any of this a proper go like we did. Just as predicted and just as the power 6 like it. 

To be fair I dont think this is correct. They generally rotate certain positions anyway and that was probably close to the best available XI starting when you consider they had the likes of Mitoma Joao Pedro and March out injured.  They were just outplayed. 

If you are referring to ambition going forward and effort, our performance in Rome 2 seasons ago was hardly a benchmark.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Another huge uproar about British fans being attacked etc abroad. Happens yearly and nothing ever gets done

Its not just british fans though, fans visiting certain countries always are targeted no matter where they're from.  Not sure what anyone can do given thease incidents occur away from stadiums.

Press say uefa concerned that if Rangers and Liverpool reach the final in dublin there a concerned of crowd trouble. No doubt of that, however there's still a long way in this competition so not sure why the press have bothered mentioning this, i'm not convinced this current Rangers squad are capable of reaching the final. To be honest if Rangers did face anyone in Dublin, then it would most certainly be chaos. I'm not even sure it could go ahead in Dublin. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Press say uefa concerned that if Rangers and Liverpool reach the final in dublin there a concerned of crowd trouble. No doubt of that, however there's still a long way in this competition so not sure why the press have bothered mentioning this, i'm not convinced this current Rangers squad are capable of reaching the final. To be honest if Rangers did face anyone in Dublin, then it would most certainly be chaos. I'm not even sure it could go ahead in Dublin. 

If they can’t behave and act like it’s 2024 and not 1974 then they should forfeit the game should they get there. 

• Like 2

It's a great game at West Ham.

It's silly of some of their fans to want Moyes to go, especially after their first trophy triumph in 40 years last season.

Edited by Wymsey

48 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It's a great game at West Ham.

It's silly of some of their fans to want Moyes to go, especially after their first trophy triumph in 40 years last season.

I think West Ham fans look at teams like Brighton and Villa with their more "modern" managers and want a piece of that. He's unexciting, even if he has done well over the years. 

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Liverpool wow 🤯🤯🤯🤯

If we picked 11 members of FoxesTalk to play against Liverpool we wouldn't be 4-0 down in 13min. I would have been 2min down after a 2 yards sprint, you would have Salah occupied with trash talking and jokes for 5min etc. 

28 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Absolutley **** all wrong with Watkins there. Thought he was going to get sent off by going so high on the goalie so rolled around like he was shot 😂

21 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Scores now, remarkable turn around that 😂

Then went off injured...

• Haha 1