Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I mean both of Inler's parents were Turkish and Izzet had one Turkish grandparent, but it's not really up to us as to "how Turkish" someone of dual nationality is, feel that's a bit of an outdated idea of nationality. It depends a lot on how their family and how they were brought up.

Kasper Schmeichel had a Polish grandfather as well (Peter Schmeichel's dad) for example so qualified for Poland, but Peter Schmeichel said his dad moved to Denmark as a kid and never went back to Poland so he didn't feel any affinity for Poland compared to Denmark, so I imagine Kasper was the same.

Yeah just pointing out it's not like Inler doesn't have Turkish heritage, he's also a Besiktas fan and did an interview saying it was his dream move. So it's not like he's distanced himself from that affiliation.

15 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm a little concerned he seems to speak no English and we don't have any other Turkish players in the squad. 

If he had any ambitions of playing in the PL who would have been in this situation anyway at some point. I remember seeing insta posts of Tete's english lessons last season. I am sure this is an area the club will help him with and anyone with ambition and hunger will take that opportunity to learn enough of the language to get by. We don't know if he can understand a little anyway. He might just not be confident enough to conduct an interview.

18 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm a little concerned he seems to speak no English and we don't have any other Turkish players in the squad. 

There's a difference between being interviewed for a global audience and talking on the pitch.

It's natural that he'd feel he would struggle with the former even if he can speak some basic english.

Glad to have another Turkish player at City, so I can get more blank looks when I ask the staff at Café Anatolia about him on my carry-out runs.

After I worked SO HARD to master “ChaLAR Seuyeunjoo”, Yunus Akgun will be a piece of cake.

37 minutes ago, Royston. said:

So what, Vardy can  point him in the right direction..

:tumbleweed:

Can just see it now

"Vardy whispers to Akgun, say this to Enzo when he shouts you over"

Enzo "yunus come over here" 

Akgun "chat shit get banged?" 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Gol attığında bu şarkıyı çalabilecek miyiz sanıyorsun?:ph34r:

No. this is not a fan's song . Why this song 's been put this video,  don't have any idea. You can chan't  Lei fan song . 

Adana Demirsporda Svenssondan olay Yunus Akgün sözleri Çocuk olarak geldi, adam olarak çıktı

Jonas Svensson : 08.07.2022

Jonas Svensson made statements during the camp activities in Adana Demirspor. The experienced right-back made striking statements about his teammate Yunus Akgün, who returned to Galatasaray

Speaking about Yunus Akgün, Jonas Svensson said, "It was great to see Yunus Akgün's development last season. It is a great goal for me to improve the players around me. I would be very happy if I contributed even a little to the development of Yunus Akgün. Yunus "It was great to see Akgün come here as a kid and finish his career at Adana Demirspor as a man. I know what it's like to realize his dream as a young player. I hope he will do well in the future. He has all kinds of qualities, he can do whatever he wants." .