Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

22 minutes ago, Craig said:

To be fair, you only have to look at Adrien Silva and Jack Harrison to understand why people may be a bit concerned that we're not very competent at this sort of thing...

Because Leeds decided not to sell Jack Harrison it's our fault? 

8 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

I mean, it ain't..

It's a group of football supporters discussing the extremely high likelihood that there are 3 worse Premier League teams than Nottingham Forest this season. 

They were hardly 'discussing' it.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Let's not let the disappointment from missing out on a couple of rumoured players over ride a largely positive window.

Okay there's players we wish we got rid of, but there's also players we've managed to keep that at various points in the window people have moaned we may lose...the likes of Nacho & KDH..

We've strengthened in most areas that need strengthening & the return of Coady will feel like a new signing.

We've still got a good enough squad to dominate this league.

Agreed, regardless of what happens tonight, it's been a decent window. We've massively reduced the wage bill and signed some very good players in Hermansen, Doyle, Coady, Winks and Casadei. Think Mavididi will also be decent. Would have liked to lose Daka, Iversen and Ward as well but I think overall we've done pretty well.

• Like 2

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Because Leeds decided not to sell Jack Harrison it's our fault? 

Yes, because we left it so late when we could and should have had other options, but instead we were left without.

Let's see what happens. I still think we should have it done, but I think it's reasonable for people to worry about our competence... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wortho said:

So you are satisfied with this squad for this season? No doubt you’ll be complaining when we fail at the end of the season.

What is wrong with our squad? We have got very good players in every position for the level we are playing at. Of course we would have all liked to have lost Daka, Ward and Iversen but overall we've had a good window and I'm confident this group of players under Enzos leadership will be good enough for promotion. 

It must be done. 

My thoughts:  Other teams seemed to be in for him. So if it did not go through with us. Everton would have shifted him to the next bidder. 

For some odd reason, the one man and the dog that does the pencil sharpener duties and social media, needs to get it out there yet.

Just now, Simmo86 said:

You do understand we’re losing Kel and Daka to the AFCON for a month in January don’t you? So if we don’t sign a striker it leaves us with just Vards.

I didn’t realise that we aren’t going to create chances for our strikers all season, so thanks for letting me know Mystic Meg.

THB wouldn’t even be guaranteed to start, let alone be our best CB, stop crying over players we haven’t signed.

Challenging concept, but yet I understand we are losing players to AFCON. Vardy is the highest paid player in the league…he can’t cover for a month? We’ve also signed wingers who have played there in the past and could cover in a pinch.

Our system doesn’t rely on strikers grabbing all the goals. Pretty clear to see.

I only made the point that we’re not desperate - You should relax a little, transfer deadline day can be stressful. Stop crying over players we may or may not sign.

7 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And with all due respect to OPA - he won't be a party to this process, so he's just saying something to fill out his post and get y'all clicking!

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm sure the first thing they did is tell Owynn.....

This is exactly it. 

All he's saying is that we're waiting to find out if he's signed or not. Owynn doesn't know.