Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

9 hours ago, Collymore said:

Has got a bit of Robbie Fowler about him from the finishing in the videos.  Doesn't look the quickest but makes up for that with a devastating finish. 

I thought the same at first glance and then saw a few references online to him being quick. I read an interview with his coach (at Everton, I think) which said they did a lot of work on his physicality and he 'suddenly became very fast and strong'. So whether that's relative or not, I'm not sure, but when I took a second look at his Preston goals there was at least one where he ran off the shoulder and showed good acceleration.

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

🔫 Welcome to the club Mr. Cannon! 🔫

Anytime we spend less than 10M on a player, I always think that's an acceptable amount to spend, even if they are a total flop and even in the division we are currently in. We know this guy can bag in the Championship, at the price paid, we can worry about the Premier League later.

I've got a feeling we might not see him in the league for a bit, but I suppose it light's a fire under everyone in order to perform. I think competition for places is way overdue, because it cuts out the sort of lethargic ones that players like Tielemans put in that consigned to this division in the first place.

I think he might get some minutes off the bench here and there - and if he does, and if he looks good, i'd argue that neither vardy nor nacho looked nailed on right now, so there's no reason why he can't make the spot his own....

• Like 3

Scored all his goals for Preston last season in a front two, very much like Nugent used to do. And guess what? We have a manager who to date has refused to have two strikers on the pitch at the same time despite it suiting both Iheanacho and Vardy.

Let's see how this pans out.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

It concerns me a bit that a club who have barely had a striker for a couple of years deem him surplus to requirements. 

Don’t know why people keep saying this like it’s some profound critique.

Everton need a Premier League striker NOW. That is not Tom Cannon. They’re short of cash having pissed it up the wall for years and they’ve chosen to cash in to find signing Beto. Whether Beto is good enough is yet to be seen but that’s the rationale.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Scored all his goals for Preston last season in a front two, very much like Nugent used to do. And guess what? We have a manager who to date has refused to have two strikers on the pitch at the same time despite it suiting both Iheanacho and Vardy.

Let's see how this pans out.

It’s up to the 8’s to offer him that support, but for some bizarre reason Enzo keeps playing N’didi, who’s got about as much finesse as a squirrel on acid…… 

He needs to be binned, and Casanova needs to start, and KDH needs to sit in a dark room, and have a word with himself. 

There’s enough evidence that it will work, we’ve just got to cut out the stupid mistakes, get a leader back into the defence and the new lads settle together.

Two weeks to really get into them, and come back firing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...