Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

Just now, dbtcity said:

7.5m with a sizeable sell on clause according to the Athletic guy their end

Lad looks the sauce. Chelsea taking him for 60 mil in 2 years. 

I reckon he'll be first choice by spring next year, and yes that is the gin talking.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Speaking of Tielemans, he deserves a bit more criticisms than other players did. He ran down his contract while playing crap and ended up on the bench at Aston Villa. The club was a fool - rather than cash him in, we got crappy performances instead.

Look at the performances of Soyuncu and Tielemans. Both were leaving for free, but one still put in good performances and put his body on the line. Youri often backed out of challenges and / or stopped running. Look at the very last game of last season, when we still had a chance to stay up. He stopped running for their goal. At his best he was unreal for us, but that behaviour stank. It will be interesting to see what sort of reaction he gets when he returns for us.

The problem is that the manager had favourites. I suppose all managers do, but some players always played even if they were poor, and Tielemans was the worst offender for that. I am curious to see how Maresca handles this. KDH shouldn't start based on his last few performances and was hooked at half-time last time round, but let's see what happens. The only caveat I will make is we aren't privy to the training ground. It sounds like Marcal-Madividua got dropped for poor performances / attitude in training, but was then brought on against Tranmere and had a good game. So I assume that's because he showed improvement at Seagrave. But Pep is ruthless at Man City and will drop anyone. Aguero, KDB, Bernardo, Sterling, Grealish, Mahrez, Sane, Foden, all of these players have been dropped at some point. At the elite level of sport, I think that is the attitude that is needed.

• Like 2