Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southgate stepping down after Euros

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Potter rejecting Lyon screams 'please give me the England job' 

or doesn't want to manage in a weak league. Potter knows a decent prem offer will come up which he would consider. The England job i think he knows he's got a great chance of landing the only problem, he's got to wait nearly a year. Makes it worth thinking is it worth the FA approaching Potter now, tying him down to takeover over from Southgate and them announcing him in December to be the successor. I mean other countries have done it, like Ancelotti confirmed he's taking over Brazil at the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Potter rejecting Lyon screams 'please give me the England job' 

What has Potter achieved as a manager. OK Brighton have been good and continue to get better since he left. His spell at Chelsea with a pick of properly good players didn't go too well. Assuming England as a National collective can muster some properly good players then where is that likely to end up?

Potter had definitely shot himself in the foot in leaving for Chelsea.

I can have imagined him making Brighton going even further had he stayed on.

Shame that LCFC haven't got Brighton's recruitment model, but are slowly improving on this front.

Edited by Wymsey

36 minutes ago, Bazly said:

What has Potter achieved as a manager. OK Brighton have been good and continue to get better since he left. His spell at Chelsea with a pick of properly good players didn't go too well. Assuming England as a National collective can muster some properly good players then where is that likely to end up?

What had Southgate ? 

I'm not saying he is the right choice, and to be totally honest I couldn't care less watching England has been the same for the past 30 years it's dull and predictable. 

All of them come in say they will pick players on form and none ever do. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Shame that LCFC haven't got Brighton's recruitment model, but are slowly improving on this front.

Southampton were the original Brighton … beaten 5-0 At the weekend by Sunderland in the the second tier of english football, Becareful what you wish for 

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It’s a very short career and big clubs/opportunities don’t come knocking often. Incredible hindsight to say he’s got himself in the foot after the event, I can also imagine Brighton stagnating into a mid table club before getting eventually relegated. 

On 08/09/2023 at 07:46, grobyfox1990 said:

It’s a very short career and big clubs/opportunities don’t come knocking often. Incredible hindsight to say he’s got himself in the foot after the event, I can also imagine Brighton stagnating into a mid table club before getting eventually relegated. 

That used to happen with Chelsea.